Blinking Power Light Stellar Strata

Lately, the power light on my Stellar Strata has been blinking while using the bridge function and the PS Connect app. When this happens, the Strata will not respond to anything from the remote or my iPhone.

The only way to clear the condition is to flip the power switch on the back.

Anyone have any insight in to what is happening or how to clear the condition without powering off/on?
Perhaps our goo friend @jamesh ?

As always, thanks!

Double check the app and Strata is up to date. This is the low hanging fruit that’s good to check.

I’ve noticed two things that will cause it on mine. For some strange reason, there are a few select tracks on Tidal that will ALWAYS cause it to happen. Haven’t tried those tracks in a very long time so I’m wondering if something has changed/updated. The other thing is if I try to change the volume to quickly with my phone. I think it muddies up the logic and then confuses the software. The rear switch will always solve it though.

1 Like

I have a different issue this morning. I accidentally shut down the PST while moving cables. Now it cannot read AIFF files from DVD-R disc. There is no problem when reading CD or SACD. Turing off the unit from the back did not work either, any suggestion?

Happy Cake Day @jamesh !

3 Likes

After I shut down the entire system including P15 for 5 minutes, the PST recovered and could read data discs again. No idea why, but PST does throw a tantrum once a while for no apparent reason in the past. The good news is sound quality remains the same.

1 Like

Hi All,
Just joined the group after my purchase of a Stella Strata on the 11 Aug. After running the unit for a few hours the Power Light started blinking and the whole unit was non responsive. Had to switch off from the back but after 10min turning back on did not stop the power light blinking. after another 30min later switched on and reset the Bridge. I have used a different app (mconnect) but the PS Audio app sounds better on the same settings.
Any ideas on:

1. why this is happening
  2. how to prevent this
    apart from this, the music coming out from the SS is warm and engaging.

Welcome @RohanP !

Hi Rohan!

I have found that when this happens, it is only happening using the Bridge input and using the PS Connect app via Amazon Music for specific tracks. These tracks tend to be classical music related. Specifically, some Ilana Vered albums I have found on Amazon Music.

I never see the problem using the optical or USB based inputs.

The way I work around is, is to plug my iPhone in to the Strata via the USB input and listen to those albums via that input.

Hope that helps!

-Gil

@RohanP

Does this (SS not responding) happen with any particular tracks?
Which streaming service are you using?

Cheers.

Hi @Boof ,
I’m using Cobuz and using PS Audio Connet app to stream. It is difficult to say which tracks trigger the light flashing.

Hi Gil,
I’m using PS Audio Connect app and using Qubuz to stream, it’s only happening through Bridge and not when I’m playing CDs.
I need to try to identify the tracks, if any, causing the trigger. Maybe try connecting my phone through USB and see if that works.
Thanks for the advice. BTW I have reinstalled the PS app on my phone but still no luck.

Rohan

Hi @ELK

I have this going on as well with Amazon music. I honestly think the streamer part of this device stinks compared to my other system which has Stellar DACand amp fed by a Node 2i. For some reason PS Audio can’t get it together with streaming. Does anyone know who PS Audio sourced the bridge from in the Strata?