Bridge 2.5?

“Phoebe, the Love Bridge”

That sounds great! With the DS2 doing the heavy lifting on the sound quality, I’m certainly interested in a small unit that will be very reasonably priced which can do DSD and full MQA.

Like @club_pizzazz, I’d also be interested in a fully functional unit (box+card) that when unpacked, only needed an I2S and ethernet cable.

I’m assuming the Roon ready status of the Bridge II would allow it to be seen straight away?

Would be delighted if I could use the Bridge function on the remote to turn the BHK, DSII and the all in one Bridge unit, on, off, in one go.

And the kicker for me… plus pause, skip, and stop tracks when streaming, using the remote, like I could with the DS1/Bridge II (particularly understanding the AirLens has been flagged as only allowing either on and off via the remote).

In PS Audio grey? :wink:

Three models? I have only heard of Bridge I and Bridge II (the latter of which I own); is the Bridge built into the DS Junior different from the regular Bridge II? I have never heard that any Bridge can do above DSD 64.

Received notification from FedEx that my DS MK2 in on its way :smile:

For the moment I’m happy to settle for USB straight from the Roon Nucleus into the DAC. Hoping that this will be a giant leap forward from my current Schiit Audio Modius (USB in & XLR to the BHK preamp) set-up.

Longer-term I’d want a non-fiddly, plug-and-play, solution that would provide a solution to hide the Nucleus away elsewhere. The AirLens sounds like an ideal destination-state for optimum signal input into the DAC, but as an interim step here’s my list for a minimum marketable product:

Mountain Pass Network Bridge:

• WiFi + Ethernet Network Connectivity
  • i2S Interface to DS MK2
  • Native DSD (up to 256)
  • Roon Ready
  • Tidal, Qobuz & Spotify Connect
  • Airplay

The HoloAudio Red DDC & Network Streamer seems like a viable option and a not-too-unreasonable price point. But I’m entirely unfamiliar with the company and the brand. Not certain what I’d be wading-into.

Key for me is time spent listening to music. So plug-and-play and reliability > a needy and temperamental network device that requires learning arcane DIP gematria, obscure TCP/IP stack incantations, and Linux kernel kabbalah.

1 Like

Now that the AirLens is nowhere to be seen I’m very interested in a Holo Red plus DS Mk2 combination. (Although I hate the red.)

Will this work and fully operational if I have this setup: NUC/ROCK → Holo via Ethernet → i2s → DS Mk2.

Is there any Roon functionally I’ll be missing since my current Roon Ready Lumin streamer will be replaced by the Holo+ DS Mk2? I play mainly DSD256

When’s the Bridge box coming out? Really need it now that the AirLens future is pushed out even farther

https://www.conversdigital.com/

Their boards just PSA’s name for it

Roon Bridge

I’ve read both about the bridge (which can’t handle >DSD64 which is a requirement) and the Holo Red.

My main question is what am I losing in Roon functionality if I go from a Lumin T2 Roon ready all in one streamer+DAC to a Holo → DS DAC combo? Since the Holo isn’tRoon Ready, but a Roon Bridge.

Not a Roon user so not familiar with their different naming conventions for devices. Plenty here are.

From all I have read the Holo Red should do everything you have asked. There’s more and more personal reviews being posted.

Since you were using the KTE SU-2 which is no longer for sale, how would you compare with the Holo other than the Color)?

Thanks for the link. I see that ConversDigital has indeed produced a newer version of their board. In the context of this thread, though, I assumed that ‘Bridge’ means something one can buy and stick in a DS Mk I – which the most recent Convers board is not. (I imagine PSA might have come out with a Bridge III based on this board, but they chose another route.)

1 Like

The SU-2 doesn’t have a network connection. It also doesn’t pass USB. With I²S as the output it sounds very good.

1 Like

Cool. I might just go with the holo red connected to the DS DAC and drop the fantasy of a PSA bridge box or air lens. At least the holo can do Airplay; my wife will be happy :smiley:

Bridge2 from no where?

Bridge2 far?

1 Like

Marketing: How we gonna sell this thing? It doesn’t do close to the resolution of the Mk2 and what do we list for specs?

War Room: Don’t bother listing specs - just say it has a PSA sticker on the front - then come up with a good name that doesn’t have “Air” in it this time, and for godsakes don’t call it the iBox!

(tongue in cheek)

You missed your calling. Or maybe you’re in marketing. :slight_smile:

It’s just humor, but I hypothesize that Apple would never permit a product to hit the market called AirLens that included Airplay, as was once to be included (at least not without a big and expensive litigation). No inside info of course and could be completely in left field, just intended for a good-natured laugh on a Friday