Bridge II 3.6.86 is ready for updating

Because of my setup/location, is it possible to update the Bridge II from an SD card? If so, how? Thank you.

FYI/FWIW:

About 30 minutes ago, I checked with the Mconnect app. again and the available update showed up.

I was so excited that I failed to check to see if it was also waiting/indicated as available on the DS Sr. DAC, before uploading the firmware via Mconnect. :slight_smile:

I have no explanation for the delay with the update showing up on my network. Maybe it is some sort of network glitch?

All’s well that ends well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the efforts.

Have no problem to upgrade the firmware in about 5 min. However, I can still hear the DSD ticks.

Moreover, I believe the Maxtrix X-Spdif 2 through I2S is a much better choice. Just my 2c.

1 Like

I completely agree!

Looks that way (I2S superior to other options). Unfortunately for me -or fortunately as the sound is sublime- I own a DMP too so I don’t have a second I2S interfase to keep a Matrix connected at the same time.

Paul -maybe for an upcoming iteration of the DS Senior/Junior two I2S plugs could be implemented? It would make sense for Octave purposes also huh.

FYI:
I wonder if you with Snowmass 3.0.0, and weren’t able to update your Bridge II via the DS display are experiencing this: https://forum.psaudio.com/t/snowmass-version-v2-is-ready/8036.

Here it is reported that Snowmass 3.0.0 doesn’t have the functionality to update Bridge II.

I’m in this situation, so I will have to install Snowmass 3.06 before I try to update my BII, it seems.

FYI: The DSD Sr. already sports two I2S inputs.

1 Like

Yes, that would be good though where to draw the line since DS has 2 I2S already. I always struggle with figuring out how many inputs/outputs to add. Real panel space is precious.

2 Likes

I use Snowmass 3.06 and automatic update doesn’t work either…but it did once I remember.

Thanks Paul and Elk, for clarifying that. The one I own is the DSJ so I hadn’t noticed the 2 in its big brother.

Are there more ROON users that notice that in the DSD signal path the step “Encapsulation (DSD over PCM)” has disappeared?

Fully understandable. It can be tricky to keep track.

Exactly.

With that said, I think when the next iteration of the DS (senior) comes out (2020? 2021?) I’d consider moving up there as it’ll probably have 2 as well -one for my DMP, and one for the Octave. Ayayay I’m going bankrupt.

For the record, album art remains an imperfect work in progress. Run a playlist of mixed data rates or file types. Maybe the next update.

Yes. I see that too. Even though I have DSD over PCM selected, it doesn’t seem to show up on the DS Sr as DOP and it is missing from the audio path. When I play something back using Jriver with DOP set it works fine.

I normally send the original file to the DS Sr. and let it do it’s magic by upsampling to 20x DSD. But since you asked, I thought that I would check it out.

Since I did the Bridge update, my DSJ has been periodically changing the volume to 50 during playback, which is very annoying. And that’s using USB, not the Bridge.

How do I fix that?

1 Like

Did you lose power recently? I believe that 50 is the default volume level that the DS Jr. powers up with.

I used to think that there was something wrong until I lost power one day when I was using it (brown-out). When the DSJr came back on, it was at 50 volume.

You can simulate this yourself by turning the DS Jr off by the switch in the back, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.

My problem is that it resets to 50 during playback. In the middle of a song.

1 Like

I also could not update…bought MConnect HD…no option to set up player device, no notice about update at all…it does connect to the bridge but that is it.

No set up options

Please help if you can

Thanks

Mine doesnt even have a note…How did you get to the point where that note is?

All I see is
“Player Play to” . I hit play to…then bridge…connects but no options no nothing

Thanks