We’ve fixed a couple of bugs and added a small set of features to Snowmass. Basically, the Bridge II update process will now work through the DAC’s front panel.
Sound quality is identical to the original release of Snowmass. We recommend all DS owners upgrade.
You can download it here: https://www.psaudio.com/support/downloads/
If you paid for a factory SD card load we will be sending you, free of charge, this new release shortly.
Here are the release notes:
Snowmass V2 fixes several issues related to the communication between the Bridge and our system. This release restores functionality to update bridge firmware. This release also fixes bug that changes volume to 50 when bridge initializes. There are several other changes documented below as well as some other minor bug fixes and improvements.
In this V2 release, only the PIC code is modified and the FPGA code is left unchanged.
Paul has verified the two versions sound identical.
## Fixed Issues
- Users couldn’t update bridge firmware on 3.0.0
- Bridge update now displays upgrade percentage until completion
- The Bridge II would set the volume to 50 on initialization
- Volume level will restore to 25 on reboot
- Locked/Unlocked button didn’t hold settings on reboot
- Locked/Unlock button now controls Attenuator setting from remote IR and setup menu
- Bridge II Album Artwork reloading on every song.
## Updated Features
- Added Button on Setup Menu that Toggles Volume controls between “Fixed” and “Variable”
- When button is set to “Variable” Max Volume is displayed to the Left.
- The “+” and “-“ buttons will affect the Max Volume of the DSD as it has always done
- When Button is set to “Fixed” Max Volume is switched to Fixed Volume.
- This is the ONLY place where users can change the volume (Up or Down) while in “Fixed” mode
- The DSD will save the volume at the time of toggling the button to “Fixed”
- If the unit is in Fixed Mode upon power cycling it will rest to the same volume.
- If the unit is in Variable Mode upon power cycling it will rest to volume level 25