Bridge II is lost after firmware update

Thanks for the update and thanks for your patience through working with us.

Now that’s what I like to hear! :smile:

Just updated the firmware on my Jr and now I get the “Bridge: None” issue. Just switch over to AES with my U1 Mini so I don’t use the bridge. Should I assume I have now have an issue with the board in my Jr?

Did you try completely shutting down the DSJ, then pull the power cord give it a few minutes then power it all back up?

I turned it off but I didn’t pull the cord. I’ll try that now.

Also try rebooting the router and any switch in the internet signal path. It’s best to pull the plug on them to make sure they get a clean reboot.

I can do that as well but I’m not using the Bridge in the Jr. right now Im using U1 Mini AES out into the Jr.

Though it can be a slight pain in the ass it’s not a bad idea to periodically reboot the entire network chain on a regular basis to give everything a “fresh” start. Especially if you are taking network reliant pieces like the DSJ’s Bridge in or out of an already up and running network. Just make sure to take things down all the way back to the router and bring them back up back to front one piece at a time and include the Control Point (phone/iPad) too and last. I do it about once a month. Usually resolves most if not all network related issues and takes about 10 minutes total.

3 Likes

I have a similar problem : Roon doesn’t see my Bridge 2 anymore.
Tried rebooting etc, but no luck :cry:

If you have tried the usual “power everything down and restart from the router” without success and if the Roon core is on your PC you may have to uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall Roon but only as a last resort. When I had Roon on a PC I had to do this a couple of times to get everything working again.

Thanks but Roon is on a Nucleus. What to do …

Envoyé de mon iPad

Has bridge disappeared from your DAC screen as well, or just from Roon remote app?

Did you also power the Nucleus+ down and restart it?
I haven’t used my system that has the N+ and DSJr for a while now and don’t remember the steps to get everything to work together after an update to any piece of the system.
Did you try powering the iPad completely off and restarting it too? I don’t use an iPad as a control point so I am just asking some logical questions trying to help.
I have had to remove Roon from my iPhone and reload it before.

Only from Roon. It still works fine with McontrolHD …

Envoyé de mon iPad

Then it is a Roon issue and not a Bridge issue and it is not lost.

This is good news. I’d start by checking IP addresses for conflict. Then restarting the network chain.

Thanks @Serhan, how do I check for conflicts ?

From MControl and make sure Bridge is on DHCP and that it’s using the same DNS as Roon core. Once checked, try restarting your router that provides DHCP addresses to all devices.

1 Like

Everything seems ok but still no Bridge in the Roon audio tab.
@jamesh, any idea ?

So sorry to hear it’s not seen by Roon core.

Tried power completely down and waiting. Didn’t work. I’ve email PSA support.