I just received my DirectStream with a Bridge II card. This unit is new to me. It was purchased new in September and has maybe 100 hours on it. The person that I bought it from never used the Bridge II interface. It had Huron installed and the Bridge II had an update available.
The first thing I did was back date the DSD to Yale. Then I updated it to Red Cloud. All that was done with no issues. I then updated the Bridge II card to 3.4.5. Again, that was done with no issues.
I installed the DSD in my audio system and configured it as a Roon end point. again, that was done without problem.
This is where is gets interesting. When I played 16/44.1 content, it played at double speed. The display showed that it was playing at 88.2kHz and 16 bits. So I tried playing a something that was 24/176.4. That didn’t make any sound at all and the display showed “—“ for both rate and bits. Then I tried some 24/96 content I had. That seemed to play properly and the display showed 96kHz and 24 bits.
Thinking it might be something in Roon, I looked at every configuration option and nothing was set that could account for this. The DSP engine was off too.
Then I tried Audirvana 3.x to see what it did. The only content it would play was 88.2 or 96 kHz content. Nothing else would not even load.
Everything seems to work fine when using USB as the input.
I backdated the DSD to Yale again and tried Yale. It had the same problem. So I updated to Red Cloud again and the problem persists. I reset the Bridge II multiple times from the menu allowing that.