Bridge II update?

Glad to hear the update’s good to go. Is there any problem with releasing it before the DAC updates? It’d make multi-room ROON usable again - right now, it’s constantly having problems with sync, dropping packets, etc…

1 Like

Not pushing, just asking if this will come out with the next mountain top or days after to keep them separate?

1 Like

The plan is to release the Bridge update along with the new mountain top. Plans don’t always work out, but that’s currently our thinking.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul!

Does that mean it could take another few weeks or even monthes until we see the bugfixed release? I‘m getting more and more unpationed.

We are actually very close to the next release of DS software so really days/weeks at most.

Had me reaching for the dictionary…

If weeks for DAC upgrades, i advocate for soonest release of the Bridge II fix. Why not? It has been in the works for months and is ready to go.

And point of clarification: If you hold the Bridge II fix release, will it go with the DS Sr. mountain top release AND be applicable to the DS Jr? I am thinking you may not release Sr. and Jr. mountain tops at the same time thus Bridge II fixes for DS Jr owners will be even further delayed?

I am patient - but i also have been providing feedback to PS Audio on aspects of the Bridge II software on and off for months and am hopeful for improved functionality and am ready to apply it! Since we have been told it is ready to go…let’s go!

I agree completely. Intentionally holding on to a tested and approved fix to a defective software release from six months ago for almost a month defies logic. Why would you with the past issues with software releases having download and install bugs release two at the same time compounding the possibilities for problems.

So just to point out, I don’t work for PS Audio. When I said we, I meant as a community, we are about to get the new DS Software any day now.

It’s not that simple. It’s not like we’re holding the fixed Bridge software up just so we have a nice and tidy package to release. I agree, that would be silly and disingenuous.

The Bridge code has been fixed and approved for a few weeks now. However, it is not alone. Part of the problem in the Bridge, when it comes to communicating with Roon, concerns not just the Bridge but also the PIC. The PIC is still being sussed out to this day. I know, because I am hovering over the programmer’s desk each morning. “PIC code done yet?” I am sure Tom’s really appreciative of my doing this.

To get a clear picture think of the DS in three parts: the Bridge, the PIC, and the FPGA. The PIC is the traffic cop, front panel display controller, input data controller (not audio data but updates and the like) and all around manager of the system.

Once the PIC is finalized, everything is thoroughly tested, then we’ll release it all.

7 Likes

This information (post 31) goes a long way to helping us understand the Bridge II software update process and definitely helps manage expectations! Thanks very much!

Thanks @Paul

Will this release enable Bridge II playing DFF64?

Not to my knowledge.

No, we’ll release it all end of this week or beginning of next. Most likely I’ll be looking for a few volunteers this week just to make sure it works.

1 Like

Thanks Paul👍
I would be glad to volunteer, but only from saturday onwards. I‘m not at home for the next few days.

as a user the bridge of more than five years I would like to be one of your tester this week

Thanks @Paul. That’s a bit sad so I will continue with playing DFF via USB until some later update to Bridge. Just curious what makes the difference that only DSF can be played via Bridge whilst DFF not?

Did anyone get an email back from Paul re: beta testing?

Sorry, I haven’t replied to anyone. I have now quite a number and don’t need anymore. Thanks. Hopefully this latest bug gets solved and we can release it to the beta testers today via email.

1 Like