Bridge II update?

@Paul - Easy Peezy - PSA DS DAC Front Panel Bridge II Update from 3.6.02 to 3.6.17

1. Downgrade PSA DS DAC from snowmass to redcloud - successful
  2. Upgrade Bridge II from 3.6.02 to 3.6.17 - successful
  3. Upgrade PSA DS DAC from redcloud to snowmass - successful

Upgrade Progression

1 Like

I downgraded my DS to redcloud but my bridge is still reporting 3.5.1, with a message saying firmware is up to date. I didn’t get any option to upgrade. What am I doing wrong?

I may have gotten my self in trouble… I tried the mconnect method and more than 5 min has passed it still saying firmware update start…

Is the red progress bar visible on the app? If so, try giving it some more time . . .

I love the sound of the new Bridge II upgrade through Snowmass. Thank you.

1 Like

@falling_leaves - initially it will say up to date. It took my upgrade a few minutes to recognize it needed upgrading. However, I did not re-cycle the PSA DS DAC power, just tried to be patient. The coffee needed attending so it gave me the time.

I got it finally. Apparently the mconnect update didn’t do anything. I waited 15 min and still see the firmware update started message. I decided to take the chance and power cycle, luckily no update took place and this time I get the new firmware notice, updated via that method works perfectly. I’m good now. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

…for what it’s worth…Album Art does not work as it should. I know many don’t care but I do and always have. It has worked really well in the past (and if I rolled back to a 2.xx version). Right now, it does not make it through format changes using JRiver… I know a lot about what works and what doesn’t regarding album art and am willing to share if PSA is interested. I’ve used a Bridge I & II for as long as anyone.

1 Like

Album Art is important to me as well. As a previous user of a Squeezebox Touch, which worked quickly and without issues of format changes or resolution, I am disappointed that the new BridgeII update did not improve.

Its still takes 5-20 seconds to appear between any pause or song change. Higher res files take the longest. It gets easily confused and stops working if you skip around too quickly.

Any suggestions for improvement should be brought forth.

Or is there some type of limitation for the BridgeII?

Ron

One enhancement might be any song change within the current same album doesn’t have to load new album art, but it seems like it loads the same album art again. :frowning:

Yes, it makes no sense to me why the album art loads again on the same album for each song.

1 Like

Agree 1000%. I’ve said it here before as well. There have been versions that didn’t reload the same art. Just kept the same art up if the album didn’t change.

Actually, the only reason I’m using the Bridge is because of the Album Art, and the simplicity of one component.

I also thought the BridgeII was supposed to have the best sonics for the DS compared to other players.

Is that not true?

Ron

That’s a can of worms like everything else in this hobby. I like using it (as imperfect as it is) and don’t care to compare.

When I immediately switched from my SB Touch I thought the DS didn’t sound as good. But time lapsed and because Snowmass sounds so good, I still wonder about the Bridges sound quality and if it can be improved.

Here’s from the website — This is the best sounding music input on a PS Audio DAC, better than even USB. Bridge II offers gapless play, stable performance, lower jitter and the freedom to enjoy digital audio collections, either PCM or DSD, with high performance at the touch of a finger.

So is it true???

Ron

In my system, I rank the DS’s inputs for sound quality as follows (in descending order):

I2S
XLR
Toslink
Coaxial
USB
Bridge II

Your mileage may vary.

That’s not encouraging. :sob:

I tried to delete this poll but the system won’t let me. I put it in its own thread here:

• I2S
  • XLR
  • Toslink
  • Coaxial
  • USB
  • Bridge II
0 voters