Change to board software?

It looks a LOT better on my phone today than yesterday. Was a new version of the forum software rolled out?

Mike

No apparent change to me

Yes, it was

1 Like

Well great. Not that it was a huge deal, but it looks better to me so thanks PS Audio team.

2 Likes

Way better on the iPad as well :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

iPad or iPhone is the only way I seem to interact with the web anymore, so anything that makes it better is a two-thumbs up from me. Since I can use a mouse and keyboard with my iPad, I seldom use a full computer. Even when I draw, the Apple Pencil and Adobe Illustrator are my first stop.

The future we were promised is getting there.

1 Like

What’s different? I use an iPhone XR and I noticed zero change.

That hoverboard is coming up on 6 years overdue…

4 Likes

It’s just a cleaner look. Better center alignment. Sharper fonts. Nothing dramatic at all. Just a subtle cleaner look to me that suggested a new revision. It’s very very subtle, but much like how some people hear changes in music I can’t, I saw a difference and thought I’d ask.

YMMV

Mike

1 Like

My eyes aren’t that good, especially on my small phone.

Hope you’re well!

2 Likes

I’ve given up trying to surf this board, or any other, on my phone. My 62 year old glazzies aren’t up to it anymore.

2 Likes

According to my doc my heart is fine, but I did get a bit of a jump start when my cursor hit that top navigation bar and that big picture-window pane dropped down over all the content.

Upped my meds and all is well, as I have learned to mask up and social distance myself from that top bar.

:scream:

6 Likes

I cast everything to a 24 inch monitor, and use cordless mouse and keyboard. It really helps, and I can appreciate the new PSA look.

I’ll second that about the navigation bar which thinks it is a guillotine blade. The drop-down was a lot less disturbing when it was smaller. Also, why this modern fascination with pale grey typefaces?

4 Likes

:point_up_2: This.

3 Likes

if I can suggest something…

Maybe don’t trigger that drop-down panel with a hover. Launch it with a click.

That is all.

Carry on.

3 Likes

as “the web” has progressed, and browser technology has developed, web designers have more and more tools at their disposal in their daily pursuit of less and less logical and accessible websites…

1 Like

Seconded!

Anybody know who bugs in behavior should be reported to? Or is it still being sorted, and we should hold off?

The current Paul’s Post is about the new Board software, and the same sort of gripes are being expressed there as here. In general I believe one should complain as long and loudly as possible! :slight_smile:

4 Likes