Cleanwave Function on Power Plant

Yes. The HC outlet on a P20 is regenerated power while the HC outlet on a P3 is cleaned but not regenerated.

On the P20 the difference in outlets is a slow start mechanism that allows for huge power amps to safely Strat up without kicking a circuit breaker.

On the P3, the HC function provides filtered power and allows HC, up to 13 amps. This filter cleans up some of the high frequency noise on the line.

We are discussing HC over here: Filtered High Current Setting on Stellar Power Plant 3

I leave the dac and ATC actives power switches on full time, and had my initial “wow” and then subsequent first questioning reaction to CW’s apparent changes from running it before powering everything into play mode. That was from playing TV music and of a few music files via a heavily modified, digital only Oppo 203. Then yesterday I forgot, and ran it after turning everything on. Later, in going through a host of files, a fuller sense of the changes I described above struck me and seemed continuously confirmed. I’ll try the 60 second method — pressing CW twice in succession? — and see what happens.

1 Like

Hih Paul,

On a P3, does cleanwave and multiwave work on the outlets that are set to HC?

Hey highstream hope it does as well for you as it has for me.

If you ever sense a diminishing of transcient clarity or a even
a slight loss of crispness…then it is clean wave time …

I always press the cw button twice to get a 60 sec run.

Let us know how it did for you…

Best wishes

Ran the 60 second CW, or at least I pressed the button twice. The result is easily the best my set up has ever sounded in every respect except one: the tonal balance has lost the modicum of warmth I like — and need for full emotional involvement. Exciting and frustrating. Well, by coincidence I’ve got a few Audio Magic Premier Ultimate beeswax fuses coming Monday, to see how they fare in slots currently filled by SR Oranges. Earlier AM versions were more on the warm side, so maybe that will help.

1 Like

For me it’s best to get the transients and do whatever to balance the system that way you get the best sound. In summary, clean regularly and enjoy the best sound that your system is capable of.

1 Like

Perhaps more burn in setting time needed for your new
fuses…

Best wishes in your audio journey!!

New fuses arrive Monday, which is tomorrow here.

2 Likes

When you get them…let us know your experience
with them…

Thanks

With the double press on the CW button, how does one know if the 60 second process cycle has kicked in? My P15 faces the wall, so from the side a few feet away what I’m seeing is the initial brighter screen light then a residual one that altogether last maybe several seconds.

1 Like

I’ve a P10 which has a different display to the P15. According to Page 13 of the P15 manual you need to see the screen to see the countdown.
[borrow a mirror?]

Hey highstream …when you double click CW the screen on
your P15 will show a clock counting down from 60 sec…if you
had the screen dimmed out the screen will again dim out unless
you bring it back by pressing the dim button on the remote. Then
the screen returns and you will see the clock counting down until
the green socket icons display at the end of the CW cycle.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

With a P10, a dimmed screen shows the entire countdown, whether 5 secs or added initially to 60 secs. So, seems to be different to the P15 in that respect.

I do have the screen on dim. Thanks.

If the toggle switch is set to Regen then yes, but if it’s set to HC, MW and CW does not work.

1 Like

Me thinks (my.02) George P needs to trade his P3 in for
a P12…there will be a nice delta improvement…

Best wishes

1 Like

Agreed, it’s a pretty noticeable upgrade jumping from the P3 to a P12.

1 Like

Thanks Whiz Kid!!

Thanks.

Do you know if the HC function limits/affects dynamics in the music at all if you plug an amplifier into the HC plug?