Cost is usually related to either part count and/or development cost. Their could be a correlation in the more features the more complexity in how they are not all exercised at once many oinputs many outputs when they are exercised. Some audiophile capacitors take more time. I know silver seems to take longer than a pure copper. Maybe because the change is so much bigger is why silver seems to take long time?
How about playing music overnight at a very low level? Does this accomplish much for burn in? Is it worth the wear and tear on my source?
Since I sleep in the same room as my amplifier, that is my only option at night.
The best option is a load resistors across the terminals unless youāre breaking in speakers too if you wish to hurry it up. I never have done that.
Iāve heard about that.
But better to keep a signal going through the amp at low level, than nothing, right?
Yes if it doesnāt rob you of sleep. I hear music and canāt tune it out in the same room but did same with my new amps to speed up autoformer break in.
I took a long classical, dynamic work, Totentanz, by Liszt and greatly reduced the level, so that I can turn the nob on my amp up about a 1/4 of the way and the music is low enough so it doesnāt keep me up. I play that on repeat overnight.
My rule of Cleanwave is every two hours, and that works with DS MK2 too.
So, one minute of Cleanwave every two hours?
Yes, I do one minute, 5 seconds is not enough!
Or you can take a composition meant for that! The 8 hour long Steve Reich Sleep. it exists somewhere on YouTube
Agreed!
Question to everyone from someone whose pea-sized brain canāt figure out: What does MW on the PP do? Iāve read the manual and ⦠(as I said, pea-sized)
Paul did a video that explains how/why multiwave works - I suggest you search for it. It explains that power supplies tend to draw their power at the top of the wave cycle and that multiwave produces a slightly differently shaped wave.
Recharging of capacitors faster. Means multiple sine waves so more peaks.
Not a fan of MW in my PP3, with my system at least. It reduces dynamics, so I do not use it.
The multiwave function widens the waveform to increase the charge time of power supplys of attached equipment.
MultiWave extends the charging time of the AC power sine wave peak, thus lowering power supply ripple in your connected equipment and improving sonics.
Today I experimented a bit with Cleanwave. I didnāt use it at all for the first 2 1/2 hours. At that point, the sound quality had diminished from when I started so I ran Cleanwave for 60 seconds and this smoothed out the sound, made it easier on the ear, however the sound was too smooth. Next time, maybe Iāll try 30 seconds instead of 60.
You could try the 5 seconds too, but you need to wait until it runs itās course before hitting it again. Otherwise it jumps to 60 seconds. I did try two 60 second cycles a couple times and the music became lifeless.
Tried again today, after about two hours of listening. 30 seconds improved the sound greatly.
Another thing about Cleanwave, I used to use it during playback and found that it works a lot better if I stop/pause playback, then do Cleanwave, then return to music.