Creedence Clearwater in DSD Download format - for the new DAC !

Here’s something to check out for owners (and future owners) of Ted’s DirectStream DAC, Acoustic Sounds has just reissued the 7 Creedence Clearwater Revival albums from the Original Analog Master Tapes as Stereo DSD Downloads. Very nice !

See http://store.acousticsounds.com/superhirez on the web.

I got money for one only.

Let’s all vote on which one to DL.

I’m a fan of the band’s early albums. I’d consider Cosmo’s Factory or Bayou Country first.

I think I’d have to go with Cosmo’s Factory. Anyway, gotta love that San Francisco bayou music.

I vote for Santana Abraxas this is an amazing sounding album. I have the 24 176 version I hope the DSD is even better.

@magicknow

Over the past few years I’ve spent more than I’m proud to admit of “hi-resolution” files.

My overall satisfaction is low. I was not expecting the moon but hoped at least for Poughkeepsie.

For what they are charging they should come with complete history of the origin and process from whence they come. Rumors of up-sampling do not help instill confidence either. There should be single or 1/2 cuts available to DL and test before forking out $24+.

Maybe I can apply to become their reviewer. MMM perhaps I’m not fast enough?

Hey this is much more time and energy consuming than meets the eye.

If it could all be done in one afternoon I would do it gladly but in fairness to the MFG the DAC needs to be set up, burned in [all inputs] and warmed to optimal operating temp.

There are some download sites that offer free DSD Downloads: for example, try DSD File (http://shop.dsdfile.com/) - They sent me a free DSD128 vocal with Blues Singer Eric Bibb that was amazing. Blue Coast Music (Cookie Morenco’s label) also has some freebies.

Another artist to explore is Acoustic artist David Elias. Some of his music is available on the Oppo web site and at his web site (www.davidelias.com) as Free Stereo and Multichannel DSD downloads. His first two albums were recorded live to DSD by Gus Skinas.

On the Creedence DSD Downloads, after listening to those earlier today, you can’t go wrong with their self named debut album Creedence Clearwater Revival and cuts like Suzie Q and I Put A Spell on You.

Also http://www.2l.no

In the upper right there’s a pull-down labeled “2L brand store” select “Test Bench HD audio files” and there’s more than a few free high resolution files in various formats.

Blue Coast Music (Cookie Morenco’s label) takes care to check the providence of their DSD downloads…

While we are on the subject of Creedence, I snapped this photo some years back. Only a few miles from where I live. Looks a little different these days, and this is a wide angle shot, but I think most can figure out what album cover it appears on.

Attached files

Blue Coast Music (Cookie Morenco's label) takes care to check the providence of their DSD downloads...

4 tracks from the Blue Coast Music catalog are available as free DSD downloads over on DSD-Guide. Check http://dsd-guide.com/free-downloads to listen to samples and download the free DSD tracks.

@magicknow
Over the past few years I've spent more than I'm proud to admit of "hi-resolution" files.
My overall satisfaction is low. I was not expecting the moon but hoped at least for Poughkeepsie.
For what they are charging they should come with complete history of the origin and process from whence they come. Rumors of up-sampling do not help instill confidence either. There should be single or 1/2 cuts available to DL and test before forking out $24+.
Maybe I can apply to become their reviewer. MMM perhaps I'm not fast enough?
Hey this is much more time and energy consuming than meets the eye.
If it could all be done in one afternoon I would do it gladly but in fairness to the MFG the DAC needs to be set up, burned in [all inputs] and warmed to optimal operating temp.

I agree Gordon, I keep buying the stuff hoping for a miracle. I not sure if you said yet but does the DS show any more difference between 44.1 and HR of the same material than the PWD?

I am curious to know if a 24/192 and a DSD were created from a good quality Analog Tape would the DS make the DSD file sound significantly better or is that what the DS it does with PCM makes it very close to DSD source material?

Really guys? No one? How about a properly cropped photo to match the album cover?

Attached files

I thought the question was rhetorical :slight_smile:

For above and beyond quality DSD, I’ve found Opus3 to have some excellent transfers from master tapes. I’m not sure what they do, but so far they are the closest to the master tapes I’ve heard.