Current Opinions of Jays Audio CDT2-MkII Transport

Thank you. Yes, I also in the meantime confirmed with Ken at Jay’s Audio / Vinshine Audio, that the Jay’s CDT2 MK3 is compatible with the HoloAudio May on I2S. Thanks again.

I’m a little perplexed by the 3 levels of the HoloAudio May DAC. What is the sonic difference between the KTE and L2 versions of the May? This is my one reservation about this DAC. I cannot seem to find any authoritative and definitive explanation as to what the sonic difference is between the KTE and L2 Mays. Insofar as the internals are concerned, there are different specs. Is it worth spending an extra $800 on the KTE, when the L2 offers roughly the same performance sonically? Other people, I have read, are put off the HoloAudio May, because of the 3 levels it comes in, and given the uncertainty as to the difference in sound quality between the 3.

The 64 page thread at Audiophile Style should provide all the information you need to make a choice between the two other than if you personally want to spend the extra for the customized version. Just like car model upgrades it’s becomes a matter of personal preference.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Golden Sound reviewed the May and compared the KTE to the L2 (I think it was in Part 2 of the review). He said that KTE is a very slight improvement of the L2 (2 percent(?)), and if you don’t want to spend the extra $800 go with the L2.

3 Likes

Just in case someone is interested… I see it sold already!

Guttenburg likes the Pro-Ject RS2 T better than Jay’s. I hook up via AES/EBU.
I see a small market for I2s adapter hdmi’s.
<$2400 delivered new.

I like me more than I like Guttenburg.

5 Likes

One PS Audio PST to rule them all? :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Two PS Audio PST to rule them all. This PST is unbelievable!! :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

What’s @aangen waiting for, I wonder, my friend Clifton :man_shrugging: ?
PS Audio makes it risk less. Always possible to return it, but he won’t :cowboy_hat_face:.
Can I get my commission now, Paul ?

1 Like

Al is almost there. Maybe one more nudge may do it. How can he pass up on one of the best sounding transports on the market!! :laughing:

1 Like

Well, with his very cheap and basic system, he may not hear a difference :wink:. And he is a bit of a contrarian …

1 Like

Let’s give Al a break. His system most of us can only dream about. He’s probably sitting back listening to his Gryphon Kalliope and laughing at our silliness. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Fine, but I would still like to get my commission from Paul from another PST sale, after the one I sold you :joy:.
And you have no regrets, do you ?

I was wrong when I said 4 straight days and nights is what you need for break in of this PST because it sounded so good at the time. It’s 6 days and It’s even more lucid, more dense, smoother sounding than ever before. Probably the Dragon HDMI also takes awhile to break in.
I think we’re going down the wrong path here. Isn’t this thread suppose to be about the Jay?

2 Likes

Did you hear what @waymanchen11 just said about the PST, @aangen ? I think my commission is in the pocket …

1 Like

Oh and @aangen just liked my post. I think I am in the money. Paul, his credit card is itching …, we are almost there … how can he pretend to have a SOTA system without the PST ??

1 Like

This month is about the Grimm MU1. It’s going to cost about $13k. The Stealth AES/EBU cable is $5500 and the Stealth Dream 18 power cable will probably be $5500 as well. A friend offerd to borrow me his PST though…

3 Likes

Don’t be cheap, it’s the best bang for the buck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and I want my commission from Paul. Just do it 🥸, no excuses please :joy:

1 Like