Jay's Audio NEW CDT3-MK3 Transport

Has any forum member owned, or heard/auditioned the NEW Jay’s Audio CDT3 - MK3 Transport ?

I own both the CDT2 Mk3 and the CDT3 Mk3. The later since April.

Tell me (please) ALL your experiences with the CDT3 - MK3 Transport.
I’m seriously considering it over my current Ps SACD Transport.
It appears to be built like a tank and also I can connect a outboard 10mHz clock to it.
Tom - NJ

Tom

It is in fact built like a tank and as heavy as a good SS amplifier. If your DAC is compatible it sounds best via the I2S output. It works on it’s base setting with my Holo May and should be the same with the DS. Not to disagree with Alvin’s people but I didn’t think he needed 400 hours to break in. I didn’t really hear any difference after about 150-200 hours. Dense tonal texture with big foundation but not etched sounding at all. Dealing with Alvin’s people in either Singapore or Texas is easy and they are easy to reach out to. Don’t think you would be disappointed at all. The CDT2 Mk3 is itself a fine unit but if you here them side by side the differences are apparent.

1 Like

Would you be able to quantify the differences between the CDT2 and CDT3 transports. For example:
Is the CDT2 95% as good as the CDT3? Thank you.

My recollection from playing them side by side in the same system late last Spring would be closer to 80%. Now they are in different systems in different cities so that two week comparison is all there was. Side by side it is fairly apparent but if not the CDT2 Mk3 is still a very fine transport.

Thank you.