Customer complaints vs. PS Audio QA targets

Rudolf,
Since this is your thread, and this is “on topic” here, I don’t feel bad taking a moment to make a very targeted point about what occurred in the lemon pasta thread. I think your cast of blame is a bit skewed.

When you take a look at what category that lemon pasta thread was created, you will see it was in “Everything Else.” That has traditionally been a category for all things non-audio related. That is where we go to talk about cars, watches, coffee, beverages, and food, to name just a few. Often it is educational and humorous, but generally void of audio talk as there are specific categories that are more appropriate for posting that material, such as complaints.

So, when @stonefree1911 created that post, the title intrigued me and I wanted a break from audio talk so I wandered over to see what this lemon pasta stuff was all about. It was my belief that the thread title, “Papa’s Lemon Pasta,” was actually relative to lemon pasta, a food.

If you take a look at the OP’s original post above , is there any indication at all that he is talking about anything other than the food, lemon pasta? The reference to a “recent video” should be a clue that this lemon pasta recipe likely exists.

Lets take a look at the very next post…

Is there anything in Brodric’s post, that in any way contributes to the topic of lemon pasta, or assists Stonefree with attaining what he is requesting, an actual recipe? No, there is not. Does this Everything Else category or thread topic, “Papa’s Lemon Pasta” have anything to do with Audio? No, it does not. It is reasonable to assume that if one chooses to enter this thread, they would expect to read about anything and everything lemon pasta? I think so.

This VERY FIRST reply was off-topic, had absolutely no value in helping the OP get what he wanted (lemon pasta recipe), and in contrast brought in what I would deem an unwelcomed “cheap shot” which immediately polluted Stonefree’s thread. This is what I consider an Agent Provocateur. I should have a right to complain that he had no business posting such a reply in a thread he did not create and one that was not for audio or audio complaints. If Brodric had posted that ANYWHERE else in an appropriate category with an appropriate thread topic, I would not have replied to his post in the manner in which I did.

Make no mistake Rudolf, this was deliberate and disrespectful to Stonefree and anyone else who happened to enter into this thread for no other reason than lemon pasta. And this is simply not a matter of the thread wandering, because all threads do. This was the first reply! Random off-topic shifts is not a viable excuse in this particular scenario.

Take another look at my annoyed response to his initial reply in that thread. Nowhere did I mention to him that he has no right to complain or voice his opinion. As a matter of fact, go back and look at all of my past posts and you will not find any there either. I interact with Brodric fairly often and he has yet to tell me to shut up or to refrain from engaging him on this forum. My initial reply in that thread was expressing my opinion, which was of discontent, that he inappropriately posted statements that had no business in Stonefree’s thread. It is my right to do so and I felt it justified.

Please don’t misinterpret my replies in that thread or otherwise make assumptions about my intent or views toward anyone’s (including Brodric) ability to express freely. It is clear to me, based on this isolated instance, what Brodric’s intention was in posting in Stonefree’s thread. If you disagree, state your facts and I will be more than happy to participate in a friendly and respectful debate.

8 Likes