DirectStream DAC MKII Released

Which streamer did you go with?

I have a Euphony Summus 2 streamer with an IFI Elite Pro SPS, plus a SoTM Cat. 7 Isolator. I also use a Silnote Orion M1 Reference power cord for the SPS. I know these are quite a bit of additional cost than a Bridge2, but it makes a significant difference.

Also, I use Stylus OS instead of Mconnect app.

Hi Darren, although you’re very much under suspicion of being biased, this quote is one hell of a promising recommendation! Looking (?) forward to hearing it myself anytime soon and be happy and smiling from ear to ear as well!

Hi Scott
I have the bridge 2 card in the DS sr and that’s what I use. I see you have an Ethernet port on the back but I guess it’s not for playback

When is that airlens coming out and how much

RE: AirLens ^^

…he’s still handsome.

I sold off my DS dac and Memory player and bought the Luxman ultimate one box solution for my simplistic needs. Best move I ever made…

…and the Luxman is very nice looking as well.

Class act for sure Vince…:grin:

How long does it take to burn it to sound it’s best?

Since the recent iterations of products feature internet connectivity, there should be an option to transfer the “remote” functions to a networked tablet device (e.g. iPad). For example, my Aurender is controlled by an app on an iPad, which makes the “display” ginormous and right in my lap.

I’m sure PS audio are looking forward to supporting iPad apps for years to come, not. There are lots of things that won’t work in years to come so I’m 100% against the suggestion.

Likely as much as DS1 and I’m sure Ted has a more precise answer for this. I received my MKII with 20 hours on it and it right away was really, really fantastic. It now sounds even better with burn in and I believe I’m at the 250-300 mark right now. Hope this helps!

Actually with FR20’s that have permanently replaced the DAWs…

That’s opening another discussion that’s off topic for this thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m busy at the moment, but in a few days I’ll uncrate a new one and compare it to my reasonably well burned in one. With the original DS I was surprised at how wooly and closed in a new DS sounded compared to a well run-in one.

Something regarding burn in that I can say with confidence:

completely burned in MKI <<<<<<<<< MKII with 20 hours on it

:rofl:

Wow! I got an email with a tracking number :golfing_woman: :golfing_woman: :man_dancing: :man_dancing:

Tomorrow I should have an estimated delivery date of DS MK2!

Ok, I’ll be anxiously watching for that new topic!

That’s kind of what I suspected. Something around 80% of the way there at ~250 hours.

Many thanks,

That will be most interesting.

Thanks.