I don’t know about the mk2 dac…but my DS dac was a roller coaster ride for the first 6 to 7 hundred hours. After about 750 hours it really began to shine…even a bit more at 1000 hours. Burn in is an absolute for any quality component!
After coming off a Chord Hugo TT2, the DS was so tight, there were a few times where I almost went back to the TT2. But I knew it needed time. I am glad I didn’t cave to instant gratification.
Maybe the dac is not lit, our ear reference is changing.
Sounds like a great topic for a post-hiatus podcast
Any projection on when you and Duncan will resume? Your podcasts are greatly missed!
After coming off a Chord Hugo TT2, the DS was so tight, there were a few times where I almost went back to the TT2.
Be interested to hear your impression. I am “coming off” a TT2 as well. And used the M Scaler for a month as well.
My audio memory isn’t that good two and a half years later. I should have put the TT2 back in after a month of DS MKI listening, but I didn’t. The TT2 has been in my office since. With that current desktop/nearfield system the TT2 is fantastic, it’s beautifully musical. I can’t tell you how many times I have sat there just listening well past my work day.
I got the Beta call this AM. I will be receiving during next week. According to Chris a couple of openings just became available. I contacted them through the information page on the product page asking to join the party.
Welcome to the Beta team!
Any of the other Beta folks get an email?
You can request to be a beta tester with a request link on today’s Paul’s Post
All Beta units should go out this and next week I assume, USPS tracking told me I should get mine on 10/31. I need to cancel my golf game on that day which rarely happens. My wife’s exercise class is more important obviously ![]()
Happy Cake Day!
USPS?
weird thought they used FEDEX
Checking the email frequently. None received yet! Can’t wait!
Checking my email too! Can’t wait ![]()
In the past they shipped out by FedEx, but the tracking I got was from USPS. In my area they have missed the estimated day often. I have my ![]()
Glad to have you on board, your system seems to be as sensitive as mine on changes. Looking forward to your review!
Can they deliver it to the golf course? Just let them know what hole you will be on! ![]()
![]()
![]()
Happy cake day!
I was told this morning that none have been shipped out yet. Will ship by the end of the week. Maybe you just got lucky. All my shipments in tha past have been Fedx. I did receive an email yesterday about a shipment but it was spam.