Directstream Problems

Aha! So that’s what it is. I started a thread in the humor section last week to ask you what it was but it is harder to find things with the new forum.

Streets Still Works said
stereophilus said

None of this explains your avatar picture SSW… What is it??!

gordon said

SSW
?

OK, is that a frog or a chicken in your pic? Maybe a baby crok?

That is a horribly pixilated Schmid/Ravensburger 1000-piece “Fire Dragon” jigsaw puzzle as done injustice by the new PS forum server.

Note the very non-standard pieces in the dragon’s right wing just above the mounted riders, on the left wing around the totem-face, and just near the top of the dragon’s left wing at the castle. Pain in the #$%^&@. Out of print now.

This is what it really looks like after I put it together:

–SSW

Very nice. I like having the back story.

Just started listening tonight to my kit, very liquid sound with only a few hrs, but have several questions.

Why is there no input named Bridge ?

What is input i2s PerfectWave DAC 010FD1 ? Should/is this the Bridge ?

USB plays but Bridge does not (not unusual for me w/PWDII btw), and I have neither a red or green ready light showing.

Thks…

Did you upgrade the Bridge to the latest software before installing it in the DS?

Yes I did Paul, screen confirms everything inc Bridge is 0.2.15. It was not playing (prior to the update) in my PWDII when I removed it and as I said have had regular connection problems for the last yr or so, but preferred USB so never worked hard to resolve. As I recall there was no green ready light either but it did say ‘Bridge’.

Btw I gave my first listen last night, 'till 2:30 AM confused and was blown away with the way it transformed my system. Bravo to you, Ted and the Team at PS Audio.