DirectStream Senior Snowmass 3.05

Don’t panic. We just released 3.05 which is a small update to 3.04 (V2) of Snowmass for Senior.

The only difference in 3.04 and 3.05 is 10 lines of PIC code that fixes a problem for Bridge I owners. If you don’t have Bridge I installed then there’s no reason to upgrade to 3.05.

4 Likes

Oh no. Now we get to hear how V3 compares to V1 and V2…

5 Likes

I have no Bridge, but I’m going to update just for shits and giggles. Maybe the DAC pixies will humor me with their mischievous magical music mayhem.

1 Like

I’m betting V3.00 (V1) sounds the best still hehe

1 Like

Thank you, Paul.

So 3.05 is only intended for Bridge I owners, not for Bridge II ?

There is not one word of Chinese in the two sentences “The only difference in 3.04 and 3.05 is 10 lines of PIC code that fixes a problem for Bridge I owners. If you don’t have Bridge I installed then there’s no reason to upgrade to 3.05.”

1 Like

Correct, though it will work for either. If you have 3.04 installed and a Bridge II (or no Bridge installed) there’s no reason to upgrade to 3.05. You can if you want, but no need to.

2 Likes

Why so few downloads for the Senior? What’s up with the count in the downloads section?

So what percentage of DS Senior (or Junior) owners do you expect will download the update?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

The count stands at 936 for V2 and 184 for V3. The latter was intended for those of us with the original Bridge. Since V1 is no longer listed, we don’t really know how many may have loaded that version and stuck with it.

V1 is in the archives if you need.

Thanks, Paul. Still have the copy I kept.

Paul, I can locate only Snowmass V2 in the download archives, not V1. Do you mean to include V1 in the archives?

Dropbox

Snowmass V1.zip

Shared with Dropbox

2 Likes

https://www.psaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/DSD_Snowmass_Ver3.0.0.zip

Thanks guys. I do not need V1. :slight_smile:

I am instead asking Paul if he means to have V1 included in the archives as it is not there currently.

You don’t require it but it is arriving from all directions :grin:

Incoming!

Duck!

:joy::joy:

Dang, Elk. Thanks. I screwed up. It’s there now.