Disappearing Posts

It’s not sarcasm. It’s exhaustion. This cycle has been repeated many times. As I recall one of your attempts to be helpful set off one of the prior episodes. If he comes back and makes constructive contributions, I’m sure he will be welcomed.

gordon said Al has been around here for a long time and never, to my memory, in this mode
Your memory is either poor or highly selective.

Al comes and goes on a regular basis, often swearing as he slams the door and demanding his account be deleted, sometimes also deleting selected posts. He often complains of some slight, real or imagined, to justify his departure. He disappears for a couple of months, continually monitoring the forum, and then publicly returns. He has been engaging in this behavior for quite some time.

I find it childishly egocentric. As always, YMMV, and you may find it cute and endearing - give him a big sloppy hug if you would like. Your call.

I have no idea if someone has made changes to his posts. I have not. I frankly doubt anyone has, but the forum software occasionally does some odd things. Perhaps someone is actively pushing his buttons, but I do not believe so.

If someone is changing his posts, I would like to know what changes are being made and why. Al has yet to identify what is being changed. I have repeatedly asked. I have also attempted to parse through his posts to determine what the problem might be. I have yet to succeed in finding anything untoward.

We will welcome him back once again, whenever he chooses to return.

stevem2 said It's not sarcasm. It's exhaustion. This cycle has been repeated many times. As I recall one of your attempts to be helpful set off one of the prior episodes. If he comes back and makes constructive contributions, I'm sure he will be welcomed.
Absolutely.

That’s the beauty of the world we live in, differing opinions. Lest we forget that as well as being audioholics, which is in itself a serious affliction, pulling-hair_gifhappy-132_gifpulling-hair_gifhappy-132_gifwe are all humans and this a community so when a neighbor takes a wee we on your lawn sometimes it may mean his john gets backed up occasionally. He is still a neighbor. What kind of neighbor, long term, depends on how we react. I know it may be tough to understand for those who may never experienced a block john due to constipation.

Tongue in cheek, as usual but we are here to have fun.goofy-heart_gif

gordon said What kind of neighbor, long term, depends on how we react.
No, what kind of neighbor and what kind of person he is is grounded in the decisions he makes and how he chooses to behave.

Al is welcome to join, leave, rejoin as he pleases - for reasons real, imagined, or no reason at all. But given his endless cycle of coming and going, one should not expect the rest of us to find it of concern.

I’ll leave you to obsess over the function of his, and your, alimentary tract. Please, please do not share.

Nothing is permanent, even the good stuff.

FWIW your shared sense of humor has greatly improved.clapping_gifhappy-048_gif

compassionately yours,

I merely recognized you are drawn to potty jokes, and slummed to mollify you.

Al is, of course, back. We will learn how this visit goes with time.

Doodoo heads.103_gif