DS vs DS Mk2?

After a long debate and the irresistible trade-in offer, I finally placed the order for the MKII yesterday.
I just wonder how long it will take for it to be shipped since it took more than a month before my PerfectWave SACD transport shipped last year.

6 Likes

Donā€™t worryā€¦ If you like the DS1, I expect youā€™ll simply love the DS2 :grinning:

Same lineage, just way better in my view. Iā€™ve also been very impressed by the improvement again, at around 150 + hours and from selecting the galvanic isolation options recently.

I suggest you try the stock standard settings first, then try out whether you like the unit when everythingā€™s isolated.

Itā€™s a much more spacious sound with lifting the grounds on the active inputs and outputs in my set up, when paired up with a streamer that has galvanic isolation on its outputs.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use a streamer, Iā€™m a disc only person, but I do have the PerfectWave SACD Transport so will have a galvanically isolated source.

I fully expect to enjoy the MK2. . . just not enjoy the financial situation it puts me in for a few years.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the TSS DAC?

1 Like

The flagship DAC that Ted has been working on perfecting for some time. Itā€™s going to be monumental.

1 Like

Of that one. I donā€™t have to worry about it since I heard itā€™ll be in the USD15k range

Yes, Iā€™ll never be able to afford it either. Those that can are fortunate.

2 Likes

TSS = Ted Smith Signature DAC.

I thought I read it would be closer to $20k. Just wondering how much of the TSS tech made its way into the MKII? Maybe they will be closer sonically than previously expected?

I can see trying to move heaven and earth to buy itā€¦

1 Like

It is hard to imagine how good the TSS can be in comparison to MK2, because it is more than double the cost and MK2 sounds incredible already :thinking:

We should start a TSS DAC thread in anticipationā€¦ a lĆ  the AirLens thread.

2 Likes

Somewhere there is an old one to revive.

Itā€™s in the audio components section. Last post was 4 days ago. Even has a video.

1 Like
2 Likes

@aangen promised to buy me one, so I am all setā€¦ :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Automatic 3-day ban for you!

:wink:

1 Like

Oh my Gawd. Iā€™m sorry I mentioned itā€¦

1 Like

The mk1 fully modded is no slouch in itself. I would love a Mk2 one day but DS with the mods sounds awesome.

8 Likes

So true. I couldnā€™t stop listening to my DS with the new nickel transformers last night.

3 Likes