DSD bridge II not switching to next track.

Have DSD Bridge II hooked up to a Win 10 PC running MC23 via a router & ethernet cable.

When I start playing an album It is all fine until the end of the track. That’s when the track name doesn’t change & the time bar at the bottom of JRemote shows the track total & on the left it counts up to :05 then starts over. It is very reluctant to react to the pause button, so I usually hit stop. I believe that, if I hit forward, it moves to the next track. The process ids repeated at the end of the next track. All was working fine with the USB input BTW.

I probably have a setting wrong in MC23, because the instructions on this site are for an older ver of MC23 & not all menus match the instructions. Any help on where to look for a fix is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev

Couple things to try. Fist, reboot your DS. I just reported this problem in another thread. Solved the problem for me. Second, there are a couple selections in JRiver to try. Find the Bridge II (top of the left side) and right click. Down towards the bottom of the fly out menu are a couple choices: ignore polling, ignore SetNext and one other (don’t remember offhand). Try ignore SetNext. Finally, I would update the Bridge II software to the latest version (don’t know what version your running). I used to need ignore SetNext but new versions of the software solved the problem.

Just a little commentary. I’ve found it’s easy to blame JRiver for being overly complicated. Somewhat true but JRiver provides solutions to non-DLNA complaint software, including the Bridge II (later versions are compliant - you can run the whitebear DLNA analyzer to see the recommended settings and how compliant the system is, link below). If all the software complied to standards, there would be little need for a wide range of options.

Good luck.

See this thread:

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/directstream-all-about-it/jriver-23-and-bridge-ii/#p79862

and:

http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver

Also, Elk. I suggest moving this thread to a more appropriate section. This really isn’t a DMP issue.

amsco15 said

Couple things to try. Fist, reboot your DS. I just reported this problem in another thread. Solved the problem for me. Second, there are a couple selections in JRiver to try. Find the Bridge II (top of the left side) and right click. Down towards the bottom of the fly out menu are a couple choices: ignore polling, ignore SetNext and one other (don’t remember offhand). Try ignore SetNext. Finally, I would update the Bridge II software to the latest version (don’t know what version your running). I used to need ignore SetNext but new versions of the software solved the problem.

Just a little commentary. I’ve found it’s easy to blame JRiver for being overly complicated. Somewhat true but JRiver provides solutions to non-DLNA complaint software, including the Bridge II (later versions are compliant - you can run the whitebear DLNA analyzer to see the recommended settings and how compliant the system is, link below). If all the software complied to standards, there would be little need for a wide range of options.

Good luck.

See this thread:

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/directstream-all-about-it/jriver-23-and-bridge-ii/#p79862

and:

http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver

Also, Elk. I suggest moving this thread to a more appropriate section. This really isn’t a DMP issue.

Hi & thanks so much for the quick response. Just realized that I put it in the wrong folder. I was about to delete it & recreate it in DSD forum, but maybe I will let the admin move it, since your answer may help someone else.

Thanks,

Kev

JRMC can be finicky. I had stopped using it when a lot of my albums started acting as bugeyed reported. When 23 came out I had the same problem. After a lot of trial and error, I discovered that the problem occurred in my AIFF files if the tags had been edited using the program Metadatics on the Mac. The problem is absolutely repeatable. I can take any file that is playing fine and edit any tag in Matadatics and it will no longer play. The same files play fine in JRMC 19 but not in later versions. I sent a sample file to JRiver and of course it played fine for them. That was the end of their attempts to do anything about it. I got around it by selecting all of my AIFF files in JRMC and changing the ratings tag to 1 and then back to unrated. That fixed it. (Fortunately ratings is not a feature I have made much use of.) FLAC files edited with the same program play fine. Go figure.

Interesting. I am using MC23 64bit ver. & I applied the DLNA settings changes mentioned above, but I restarted DSD at the same time & the problem went away. If it reappears, I will see if a reboot of DSD fixes it. Fingers crossed.

Kev

Good news. Run the whitebear analysis on your system. It will tell you every setting to make in JRiver. He’s a regular contributor on the JRiver help site. It’s a very useful tool.

Did I dnld the right Whitebear app? The link above is for the Whitebear Media Player/Renderer for Squeezebox…Wait…OK, found another location for a Media Renderer Analyzer by Whitebear. Link: http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra

This is great.

Thanks,

Kev