DSD & Bridge II - tracks only play for about 10 seconds

Using JRiver to stream to Bridge II and DirectWave. All my .dff files sound great for about ten seconds, and then skip to the next file.

Is this a bridge problem, or a JRiver problem? Are there any solutions floating around?

Steve

In JRMC, if you haven’t already, right click on the Bridge in Now Playing, select the last option, DNLA Controller Options, and select both Ignore Transport Events and Disable SetNext Support. That did the trick for many of us.

That worked! Thanks so much!

Steve

Well done, Stevem2!

Glad it worked. JRMC is great when it works well but it can be a royal pain getting it there. The kudos should go to the member who first figured this one out but my memory fails me.

I guess I spoke too soon. Returning to my DSD tracks I get the same issue. I’ve confirmed that it’s only an issue playing to the Bridge II. Playing the same tracks, from the same source to, say, my computer, works fine.

No difference whether Ignore Transport Events and Disable SetNext Support are checked or not.

So, back to the drawing board? Any one else with this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

sarkonovich said I guess I spoke too soon. Returning to my DSD tracks I get the same issue. I've confirmed that it's only an issue playing to the Bridge II. Playing the same tracks, from the same source to, say, my computer, works fine.

No difference whether Ignore Transport Events and Disable SetNext Support are checked or not.

So, back to the drawing board? Any one else with this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

Me too. I have the same sort of problem. Every now and then a track will play for a second. Then go to the next track and play like normal. This never happened with BI. In all other ways BII is way better. I use JRiver's Media Network with Power Line Connecters to send it to the DS. Just like BI.

Is this something Dennis can fix?

Any advise, please?

It makes no difference if Ignore Transport & Disable Set Next Support are checked or not.

Also ( I just noticed) when this occurs & goes to the next track there is no album art displayed on the DAC but when the next track is played its all good. My head hurts so I hope you can understand what I’m saying

I had the same issue and in my case it was a low performing NAS under parallel network load. Switched to a better NAS and Gigabit connection between PC/Jriver and Router and never had this issue again.

This makes some sense in my case, since the server is a Raspberry Pi (but a Pi 3!). I thought this might be a problem, but the CPU load, at least, isn’t that great while it’s playing the track.

Steve

I can confirm that this seems to be a problem with running the server off a Pi 3. The same tracks play fine if the server is running on my MacBook.

I wonder if it’s a CPU or a memory issue?

Steve

I just switched JRiver over a Pine 64+ board (19 bucks!), and the problems with playing DSD went away. The Pine has 2 gb memory vs. 1 for the Pi 3. But also doesn’t have the Ethernet connected to the USB ports…so I don’t really know why it’s working now. But it does!