DSD random volume drops

Just to close this out, I removed the BII card as of my last update and volume has not reset to 50 since.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sounds pretty conclusive to me. When you put the Bridge in, are you also connecting it to the network, or are you just sliding the card in?

Just sliding the card in, fully seated.

OK, thanks for the info. Iā€™ll get with Barry and see what he thinks about it.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Just tried again. If the volume isnā€™t locked at 100 the volume will keep dropping to 50. I had to have a new bridge shipped out last year as the last one had problems too. Two bridges in two years.

I remember this problem has been discussed before and same happened to me also with bridge2 installed.

It started to do that volume change if ethernet cable is disconnected to bridge2,or anything upfront like router etc.gets power cycled off.
Restarting dsd helped but problem remainedā€¦

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m a retired AV/seller, worked in the retail shop of the Austrian PSA distributor, sold PS products for many years - and happily own a DS (+ Transport) for myself.

I can confirm, what Somppsa mentioned above.

As soon as the Bridge loses the connection to the network, be it accidently or if I disconnect the router from my system for other reasons, the volume jumps to 50 after a few minutes. If I correct the volume, it happens after a short while againā€¦and again etcā€¦ If I connect the router back to the Bridge, everything is fine. If I do not, I have to restart the DS and all is good as well. Besides It seems, that after the router is disconnected (or has lost the internet connection) the gaps between the ā€œ50 jumpsā€ become bigger and bigger, and finally the problem disappears. But: at that point I have a few grey hair more - so I prefer the other methodsā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome musiknarr!

(You will find many music fans here. : )

Thank You very much Elk! Iā€™m reading and enjoying this forum for many years now and aprecciate all these (mostly) friendly and informative discussions very much - as do many of my former customers as well.

1 Like

Welcome @musiknarr! Glad youā€™ve been enjoying for a while. Most are here for the love of music, some are here for banter. Regardless, music has a profound ability to bring people together, and the crew that it has brought here certainly ainā€™t half bad. :blush:

1 Like

Thank You Jamesh, Iā€™m happy to join the community. As Iā€™m living with thousands of records, CDs, files and movies plus the most patient wife in the world, I think this will be a nice place for meā€¦ Knowing a part of the crew personally from my previous job, I know, what really nice guys You are :love_letter:

2 Likes