DSjr Display Goes to Sleep and Won't Wake Up

Thanks.

Dennis

I have a fix for this issue. If you would like to help me test it, email me at dennis@psaudio.com

Dennis

Since this thread is old, I’d expect it to be fixed in current firmware, but I’m having the same problem on two separate DSJrs. Was there a regression?

I do believe this was an issue with older firmware. Do you know what version of firmware you have on your two units?

It’s all current (Redcloud), including the bridge.

Have you tried resetting the units? Turn off with the rear switch, then when you’re ready to turn it back on, hold down the logo button on the front while to flip the rocker switch. The display will then read that it is doing a reset.

This suggestion has been made so many times in the forum, for so many different fault indications. Another question that pops up all the time is what does * mean on the DSJ display, and all those other status indicators. None of which are mentioned in the owners manual. The owners manual should be updated to reflect current knowledge.

It’s just like re-loading code. It seems to solve a number of odd issues.

*Indicates the Jr. is detecting a connection with a source.

The E means preEmphesis is detected.

The B means Bit perfect.

The M means Mute is enabled

The P means out out Phase

The R means Roon is streaming to the DAC

I actually have - it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Yeah, we know. My point is, the owners manual needs updating with this information.

1 Like

Hi dnanian,

I wanted to jump in to assist.
The DSJ should not be freezing up as you describe.
Please reach out to me directly at jeremyb@psaudio.com with the unit’s serial number.
I’ll see if there is something we can do to get you taken care of.
Thanks,

• Jeremy

Sent, Jeremy - thanks.

Our guys should be updating the manual very soon. I’ve passed these notes on to be included.

1 Like

Thank you, James! Please also post the new manual on the website once it is available.