Elyric MM not showing as a Media Server

Hi, thanks for everyone’s suggestions. I have installled EMM 27, and then upgraded. No change in 27 or the upgrade.

I don’t think I have mac filtering in the router. My router is a Billion 7800N.

Ok that’s my knowledge base exhausted! Most people turn to GOD (Gordon On Directline) at this stage [-O<

G’day.

That router has a lot of adjustable settings so perhaps have a Foster’s and read the set up instructions well before beginning.

If I remember correctly you can access the Bridge web page but EMM cannot see theBridge?

This would narrow it down to EMM or the Bridge connection to the PC.[ beyond just the web connection]

I would suggest the following done one at a time and in the following order…

1/ How to reset the PerfectWave DAC Bridge. look under Bridge in the PSA knowledge base.

2/do a “bridge network-fix” look in same k-base.[ file attached below]

3/ do the router reset to factory defaults and set all equipment to DYNAMIC IP so the router will reassign all the addresses. Also see my previous comments about the IP Static range once all is working again.

This would have been easier on Skype as it facilitates 2 way communication.

Attached files /FileUpload/af/80aaa7563c51e851c53ec3033542a0.zip (813 B)Â

Vague memories returning now…

My Bridge did respond in a similar manner some time back and drove me nuts for several days before I sorted it out. I could access the Bridge web page, but could not access media. At that time I was using a D-Link 1522 WiFi bridge to get a wireless ethernet connection to the PWD/Bridge. It was working fine, then one day it did not. My best guess is that Verizon pushed an update to my FiOS Modem/Router that did something that the D-Link did not like. As I recall, turning off IGMP on the router got things working again. My ultimate solution was to replace the D-Link with an Asus EA-N66 configured in bridge mode - works great!

This is just a comment on my experience and may not have anything to do with your issue. Still, It may be worth going through the router configuration and turning things off that you may not need. The worst that is likely to happen is that you may have to hard reset your router and reconfigure from scratch.

Of course, you might try using a different router. If you can borrow a router you could try using it in your network with no internet connection just to see if you can get EMM and the Bridge talking. If this works with your network isolated then you can use your current router as a modem - just hook it up to the WAN connection on the new router.

Just something else to try. I hope you get the music back soon.

J.P.