Esoteric T-1

Stopped into the local dealer to order a new cart and he told me to go upstairs and check out the new turntable. It is really impressive looking in person, even in its temporary location. It’s being driven by Essence pre and stereo amp, E2 phono with MSL Signature Platnum, motor hooked up to Esoteric master clock, Alexia V’s

Didn’t have a chance to listen, hectic schedule today but he’s moving it to the next room next week. Full Grandioso electronics and Alex V’s and a couple Wilson subs as well, so I’ll listen to it down the road

Anyway, snapped a couple pics
$80K he said…

8 Likes

Nice turntable!! Magnetic drive and magnetic float platter. Pretty noise free system. If I had $80k to spend, this is on the top of my list to get.
Here’s another nice picture of the turntable.

Never claimed mine were nice pictures :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s another nice picture.

$80k and no vacuum hold down?
Please.

4 Likes

Maybe it has a heavy weight with the level bubble.

2 Likes

Sweet eye candy

I have that and vacuum hold down.

2 Likes

Is the vacuum hold down part of “warp drive”? It always seems that when warp drive fails all hell breaks loose.

The vacuum hold down eliminates warp drive and replaces it with a flat piece of vinyl. Light Speed!

2 Likes

Just wondering if you can have a magnetic float table with a vacuum hold down? Retired minds have time to ponder such circumstances.

1 Like

Yup. My SOTA Nova V provides vacuum hold down at a MSRP way below $80k. Combined with the SOTA reflex clamp it works like a dream on all but the most potato chip warped LPs. I can count those in my collection on one hand (I only keep them around because the music and recording is indispensable).

2 Likes

My turntable uses an Air Bearing, it floats, maybe not magnetically, but it floats.
It can still do Vacuum Hold Down.

1 Like

Yeah, but…

The center spindle carries the vacuum. It can go up and down and still make the connection.
Magnetic, Air, same difference as far as that goes.

1 Like

The SOTA Nova V is an incredible table. More or less local as well. When I purchased my Linn Sondek it came down to the SOTA Star Sapphire or the Sondek. Two entirely different sounds.

2 Likes

The SOTA is “The turntable Newton would have built”. I still have my forty year old Sapphire and a newer one. Yes they “suck”.

3 Likes

That’s common feedback from SOTA owners. Many have owned their SOTA TT for years - decades - and SOTA to this day still supports service and upgrade of every model the company has produced. It’s no wonder SOTA garners such loyalty from its customer base.

1 Like

Similar with Linn turntables, however, the upgrade path can be a bit of a $lippery $lope. No regrets on my decision, especially when SOTA went through reorganization and change of ownership.

2 Likes