Euphony Stylus v4

I now have a version 1.5 Summus Endpoint with a 10th-gen i5 chip inside to go with my version 1.5 Summus Server with a 10th-gen i7 chip inside. Another power failure caused the v1 Endpoint to go kaput.

I decided to use the Keces P8 to power both devices, the Server with 19v and the Endpoint with 12V.

1 Like

And how do you like Stylus V4? I am running V3 on my Euphony PTS and I am considering putting V4 on my Pink Faun. If I didnā€™t own and love my Grimm MU1 I would most likely be doing the same thing you are doing.

1 Like

Stylus v4 has excellent sound quality because they have really pared down the number of background functions running in their version of Arch Linux. However, its interface is not as polished as V3 yet and some functions donā€™t work as well as they should.

Also, be warned that as of V4, Euphony has gone to a subscription-based model once you have completed your 30-day trial. You donā€™t get a permanent license as you did for version 3.

But if sound quality matters most to you, Iā€™d encourage you to try out V4 on your Euphony PTS and maybe graduate it to your Pink Faun if you like it.

Yes sir, I am aware and completely unoffended by the new subscription model. I am going to stay with V3 on my PTS as I have that on my modest lake home system. But my Pink Faun is back to not doing anything so I thought I would buy a V4 subscription to reward them for all the fine work they have done.

The extreme angst and anger V3 users have expressed on another forum makes me sad. The subscription idea seems fair to me. I have subscriptions to many services and the annual costs add up to less than $1k a year. So 1/13th of a decent power cable. :wink:

1 Like

Did you end up experimenting with different power supplies?

Based on your helpful and detailed responses, Iā€™m trying iFi Power Elites (15v for the Summus v1 and Endpoint v1 and 12v for the PTS). Iā€™m considering the Hypsos for a Roon Nucleus+.

Heat and space are a consideration in my setup, which if you saw youā€™d probably laugh.

Like the idea the Hypsos can work on a variety of voltages. On the other hand, the Keces P8 has two DC outputs and gets high ratings.

Too many options, not enough time, space, and $$. Thanks for asking!

If you could tell me more your experience with the Hypsos and Keces.

1 Like

I have the Keces P8 and have zero interest in running anything else. There may be actual better solutions but there doesnā€™t need to be.

It looks like Alā€™s account has been hacked.

3 Likes

I have only used IFI iPower Elite PS for Euphony Summus 2, and I do not think I need to try other LPS anymore.

When I talked to Euphony, they switched from using Keces to IFI because it sounds better, and it is cheaper too. I guess Al should downgrade to IFI to give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Interesting! But you are doing it wrong! Around here a power supply is not good unless it is upgraded with a special fuse, two special cables, a special power cord, special feet, and a price above $1600. If you have to bleed during the process of ordering it, and the delay to get it is like 6 months, only then is it a proper power supply. You are mentioning a supply I could buy on Amazon for less than an M-1 fuse. It just canā€™t be all that.

I read a story about a fella who bought a Euphony PTS server, a Matrix, and a P8 and he said it just cannot get any better. I already had the Matrix, the P8 was configured to power the Matrix and the PTS, and it was like $650. It all still works really well so I leave it alone and just enjoy the noises it makes.

2 Likes

Haha, I am glad I did not go through that! One little IFI small PS made enough joy so far.

1 Like

Since my last post, Iā€™ve experimented with the Keces and Ferrum Hypsos. Iā€™ve found that being able to control the voltages of the Summus and Endpoint is really valuable. I thought the Hypsos was a bit overpriced for what it was, but have come around since then due to its versatility.

Starting at 19V and working my way down to 12V and then back up to 19V, I found that the Endpoint sounded best at 13.5V in my system. Higher voltages had more ā€œsizzlingā€ treble transients and the beat hit harder at the expense of subtlety. Going lower than 13.5V softened the bass up too much and introduced some hardness into the sound.

Unfortunately, I only have one Hypsos, so couldnā€™t experiment with both Server and Endpoint at the same time. I found that switching the Keces output from 19V to 18V for the Summus server had the effect of reducing ā€œsizzleā€ a bit that I hadnā€™t realized was there. The 10th-gen i7 in the server requires at least 16V, I believe (it shuts down if I try to power it with an iFi Power Elite 15V), so I wouldnā€™t have much room to work with even if I did have a second Hypsos.

1 Like

The iFi Power Elites have made a noticeable improvement to the Euphony PTS and Summus/Summus Endpoint both original versions all running Stylus v3.
The Hypsos has also made an improvement on the Nucleus+ running stock 19 volts. Havenā€™t messed with adjusting the voltage yet and the Spread Spectrum setting.

Thanks Marc for your feedback!!

How is Stylus v4 coming along?

Still waiting for the ability to update Stylus over the internet and the taylored versions at least for the Summus and hopefully for the PTS.

2 Likes

Anybody updated to Stylus 4 on their Summus and PTS? Comments? Has the optimizations for the Summus and PTS been done?
I was told by Arthur at Power Holdings that the upgrade from v3 to v4 would be available over the air rather than USB, but havenā€™t seen it.
Thanks

I heard from Robert at Euphony the other day that the upgrade from v3 still was in the testing stage. That means we have to wait yet again

Thanks for the update

The Euphony thread on Audiophile Style is pretty odd. Good golly. I could load 4 on my Pink Faun and I am guessing I will. Iā€™ll keep my PTS on 3 forever and ever, amen.

I keep forgetting you have a PF. Have you tried it with the BACCH?

Not yet. I am thinking about it.

1 Like

The upgrade from v3 to v4 is live. Just update the firmware of your v3 device and then you will have the option to upgrade to v4.

1 Like