Fave listening chair?

Happy cake day my friend!

2 Likes

Happy cake day to you

1 Like

They’re on Robert Raus’s Magnariser Multiriser MkII stands, the ones with two mounting heights to choose from. I use the higher of the two, which puts the bottom of the panel about 4 inches off the floor, I think.

Even knowing how important ear height is (relative to the panel), I was still surprised at the degree of improvement in the image I got from sitting a little higher. No change in tonal balance or timbre - just a significant enlargement of the images - much closer in size now to the life-size image my brother’s 20.7s throw. Before, the images were truncated a little bit. Singers especially seemed like they were cut off at the knees.

2 Likes

Aesthetically, that Reno is the model I liked the best, but you’re right - it’s stupid expensive. One of the dealers I went to had several of them in the medium gray color and complained that he thought the combination of color and design made him think of elephants. Not much of a salesman, if you ask me.

1 Like

Haha! That is the colour of the leather sofa set in our TV room:- Three singles, 2 seater, and 3 seater never thought of elephants till you mentioned them :joy:

2 Likes

Ha! I trust that comment won’t affect your enjoyment of them.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment! Now I like them even more! :joy:

Happy Cake Day, straightwire!

1 Like

So when I order my chair it should be medium gray?

Update: my medium gray Stressless Captain Kirk chair will arrive a week from tomorrow!

Thanks again for the inspiration!!!

5 Likes

Happy cakeday Greg!!

1 Like

Happy cakeday Greg (@straightwire )!

1 Like

The bass improved dramatically! French Horns are incredible!
My favorite singer who has a speech impediment now sounds absolutely normal!
The guy who slurps chicken noodle soup and then sings sounds like he is slurping cream of mushroom soup now.

And no fuse involved so I don’t have to worry about which direction to point the chair.

Who knew?

10 Likes

Be happy, Al.

But, as your virtual audio friend, I feel compelled to tell you, that is one homely chair.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Appearance is in the glove box of the bespoiler.

3 Likes

Aye, it ‘tis.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What? No cup holder?
If you clean the seat with beeswax it will sound better.

4 Likes

You said it, now I have to ask. Who is your favorite singer? Or, should the question be. Who is your favorite singer with a speech impediment?

I am about to drill a cup holder hole. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Mark E Smith from The Fall.

2 Likes

Do you have less stress with your Stressless?

3 Likes