Finally....PerfectWave SACD Transport

Good tip. I turned it off. No difference even with headphones but might as well, right? Thanks!

Ron,
glad to hear that it can be turned off!
John

Recently replaced my Supra $70 cable with this WWSP7 HDMI courtesy of aangen.

Pleased to be able to compare the RAL to the best WireWorld HDMI cable likely ever made…and no longer available.

4 Likes

It looks sort of like a non carbon fiber non hockey stick.

[Ducks]

1 Like

Al

Any ETA on your Holo May DAC? I’m seriously thinking about it based on the review in Stereo Times as David and I both own the same Aqua DAC. He said if he hadn’t already ordered and paid for the top Aqua he would have bought the May.

No word yet. I assume (carefully) that Chinese New Year is going to add a month to the wait.

My upgrade kit for my Jay’s Audio Transport shipped and last I checked it made it to Alaska so that should arrive early next week.

I am really interested in the May DAC. I expect to learn something new listening to it. I am not sure it will have a home in my system but I will give it a chance. A Gryphon Kalliope, a PS Audio DSD Sr., and a Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition. Lots of choices.

I am wondering when Chord is going to come out with a step up from the Dave. It’s a few years old now.

Interesting as they are showing it “In Stock” so I would assume ready to ship. I thought the Kitsume mods were going on stateside and not in the Far East.

I think you have more info on what the story is than I do. I never saw the in stock designation and other than the “we are processing your order” message I have heard nothing more. I really hope you are right about it being in stock in country.

I am turning into a professional waiter. I have been waiting three months for my new turntable and preamp. I am glad I already have an exceptional turntable and preamp or I might get nasty.

Wait for it!!!

Okay, I will.

I’ll try to get something more definative from them later today as we go back and forth between Florida and Upstate South Carolina and I need to know which house to ship it to. Alvin at Vinshine’s site says shipping resumes on the 22nd.

I emailed them 15 minutes ago. They replied 14 minutes ago. Kinda shocking.
They have all the components on hand so they have them currently for sale. They are assembling them as fast as they can but they are in high demand.

I am guessing this means Chinese New Year won’t be an issue. Whew.
They did not offer any more detail and I am fine with that.

By the way, I really need to hear the new PS Audio Perfectwave SACD player. A friend of mine just bought one and soon he will start buying CDs. Right now he has 1cd.

Ya only need 1. Ha! “Play the disc again.”

I have a modest CD and LP collection. I like the process of looking in my stacks for something, and finding 3 other things I’d like to play. Anyway, I have about 40 SACDs, 300 CDs…and ~700 LPs including my 7" discs.

It’s a killer unit, the PST. What else would I use with the new transformers and analog powered externally by LPS for the DSD? Nothin else even in the picture. There’s always the next little change though…

2 Likes

I expected amazing sound improvement over my PWT. Then I was stunned when I plugged in a USB stick, I wasn’t expecting the same amazing improvement.
After I composed myself, I quickly whipped together a 50 track mix and spent the better part of this afternoon listening.

3 Likes

What amazes me is it is “only” a transport. Incredible it has this much influence on the sound.

2 Likes

Think about what you’ve heard about fuses…

1 Like

I will never refer to it as “only” a transport. I bought the PST based on its reported updated circuitry, transformer and the new galvanic isolation technology. The reviewers praise of the improvement in Redbook were very important to my purchase decision versus the technical specifications.

Its sonic quality really pleases my ears. I realize everyone has ‘different’ ears, I would like to believe this component was voiced with me in mind :slightly_smiling_face:. Now that I have spent 1-2 hours with it, I am smitten and definitely keeping. Those who haven’t decided should definitely give it a spin.

5 Likes

Yes, this is why I put “only” in quotes. It is not just a transport. There is a lot more going on.

But it remains remarkable to me that how one extracts bits from a CD and sends them on their way can make such a difference.

3 Likes

I must have a pair of basic, “bog-standard” ears. I had a listen to the PST at a friends house in his system for a few hours. Yes - it produced a very good sound, but certainly no Road to Damascus experience.!

7 Likes

I was down with your quotes. Forgive me, I purposely created some tension to help highlight my appreciation of the PST that I was unable to put into words.

Of course, this reply is sneaky little way of carrying on discussion. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Works for me!

1 Like

I have yet to experience a life-changing turning point while listening to audio.

We do enjoy hyperbole in this hobby.

6 Likes