First music of the day

MIles Davis “Seven Steps to Heaven” Sony Blu-Spec CD2

Starting the day with very familiar music that eases me in.

Followed by

And now for something completely different.

Marisa Monte - Barulhinho Bom cd

1 Like

Slow start… waiting for sunrise

3 Likes

1 Like

A re-post to be sure, but a fine and hip way to kick-off a beautiful sunny Saturday morning.

Darn dog wouldn’t let me go back to sleep. Soon she’ll be asleep and I’ll be wide awake. Nice cool morning.

Starting with:

“Cliff Jordan” Blue Note 24 Bit by RVG Japan cd

I have two copies of this one as well. One goes on the sale pile. Ray Bryant is so good here.

Followed by

Sharel Cassity “Relentless” Jazz Legacy Productions cd

Alto Flute – Don Braden
Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Sharel Cassity
Bass – Dwayne Burno
Drums – E.J. Strickland
Flugelhorn – Thomas Barber
Piano – Orrin Evans
Tenor Saxophone – Andres Boyarsky
Trombone – Michael Dease
Trumpet – Jeremy Pelt

I bought this because Orrin Evans was at the keys. It’s pretty good.

1 Like

A fine Chesky remaster from the original RCA LSC-2367, the more familiar jacket below.

one of ugliest looking CD in my collection, but a favorite one, both sonically and musically

1 Like

Returning to revisiting this set. I love the sound.

“The complete Capitol Recordings of Stan Kenton 1943 - 1947” disc III

Followed by

This is a great one by Joyce’s daughter, taking samba and bossa and modernizing the sound; a reimagining of “Samba Esquema Novo,” the seminal debut album release by Jorge Ben (1963).

The “source” LP

2 Likes

Is that a Hana something cart?

No, not a Hana but a Mutech Hayabusa MC. It is still breaking in, and feeds a Sutherland Little Loco trans-impedance phono stage, also breaking in.
Fun times ahead!

Mutech Hayabusa

1 Like

May not listen much tonight, but this is great start for Monday night.

Sure took a long time to get cool last night. But it’s nice right now.

Keith Jarrett “Concerts” ECM LP 2

Followed by

Jerry Garcia “Cats Under the Stars” Arista LP

1 Like

New Wine in Old Bottles, Jackie McLean, Hank Jones, Ron Carter and Tony Williams on the Japanese East Wind label.

1 Like

It was a hot night. This is going to be a hot summer. . . and it’s not even summer yet.

Got the latest batch of 85th Anniversary UHQCD from Japan in last night. This is the third one I’m spinning.

Wayne Shorter “Schizophrenia” Blue Note Japan 85th Anniversary UHQCD

folder

Followed by

Tony Bennett Celebrates 90 (Deluxe Edition) [3CD]

Disc 2. Some rare stuff!

Streaming John Tchcai’s Five Points One Long Minute, a good piece to recovery from last night’s storms.

A follow-up to The Great Jazz Trio with Jackie McLean New Wine in Old Bottles, this edition sans Mr McLean Live at the Village Vanguard, all class.

The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson Volume 2, Blue Note Japan 24 Bit by RVG lp facsimile cd.

Followed by

Finally getting around to another disc in this set. I’m very familiar with the music in this set from other, earlier releases (several unofficial). The sound is a bit better here.

Sonny Rollins “Freedom Weaver: The 1959 European Recordings” disc 2

What a fine trio! Julius Hemphill Raw Materials and Residuals, with Abdul Wadud, and Famoudou Don Moye. This Trio set features the same Abdul Wadud that provide the fantastic cello groove on Julius’ Dogon A.D.

1 Like