Footers under PST yes or no?

I have my PST directly on top of my Directstream dac which is on the top shelf of my audio rack. Would it make a good improvement in sound to put isolation devices between the PST and the Directstream dac? It looks as though the PST is meant to sit on top of the Directstream dac. I read somewhere that the feet of the PST could be removed and the PST could fit directly on the Directstream dac. I have kept the feet on the PST and it sits nicely on the Directstream. Would there be sonic improvement to separate the PST and the Directstream dac with Isoacoustic devices or the like.

If you have footers you favor, try them. I have the DMP and DSD on top of each other in my headphone only system, and I find footers in between them are an improvement, but subtly so. In my main system my PST and my modded DSD are separated and that is also subtly an improvement still.

1 Like

When not at my friends house, my PST is on four quite marvelous footers. The stock feet hang free like Americans.

1 Like

There is no question footers such as Orea, or any soborthane pucks help more in this situation.

And don’t forget Amplifier Bricks!!!

Right now the PST is in the box on its floating packaging. I should take it out and give it another chance like the M1 fuse.

1 Like

Its amusing, I loan out so much gear some of it remains boxed by the borrower.

1 Like

Hopefully they are all returned with a bonus.

2 Likes

agree on the Orea type footers - going in position was nah can’t see why they would give an improvement and like often in life i was wrong …

3 Likes

It is commonly known how fancy gear sounds better after a Mediterranean vacation, included exposure to ancient flavors and temperate climate.
Room rack Italian rental, anybody (Al) interested? It may return with a bottle of wine in the box, for periods longer than 3 months.

1 Like

I hope your system will sound even better after your trip to USA.

Rumor is Al may replace his grimm soon after discovering it cannot transmit DSD256.

2 Likes

We have found a new tweak? Let the system turned off for 2 weeks may improve sound quality? Never happened for a so long time since 3 years! I’m afraid I’ll miss it…

3 Likes

It was in use for a while and I thought you were taking it on the last trip but I forgot you had a truck load for @minnesotafats to deliver! So more enjoyment for me! Thank you

3 Likes

last time after my trip it took more than one day for the system to recover. But I did not feel its full ability for another few days. So, you may not want to tweak during the first few days to confuse yourself :laughing:

1 Like

I think George from Kyomi should buy @aangen a Mercedes Sprinter van for Al to commute to and from MN.

3 Likes

Besides the vibration draining or absorbing qualities that footers offer, I think another advantage of using them between components, is the space they create between the two components. This helps to reduce the interaction of the magnetic fields between the units.

2 Likes