For Qobuz users

And, freakishly, posted by Mikey des Barres:

2 Likes

@cardri Hey Richard, you going after me now…? I do understand your irritation however and I will be your punch bag for now… Life on the web can be a bitch… Right…?

I don’t know the Auto Payment option of PP, never used it before.
Is that where YOU give PP the authority to frequently pay someone some amount for you, out of your account…?
And if you want that to stop YOU have to retract that authority…?
And that YOU must NOT forget that…?

And have you ever realized that PP and Qobuz are fully automated instances that can be really handy to have but if things go wrong you are F-ed…

Ok, now let’s have it… :sunglasses:

No problems whatsoever… Nod if you want more… :nerd_face:

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

Wanna see my AEBN dot NET payments too…?

@ronaldwanders - no punching bag, just explaining the pic shows you chronology, the reason I went to all the trouble of placing it there. The posts were mainly put there to help members realize they need to really keep an eye on their credit card and PayPal monthly statements or they will be taken advantage of by a lot of companies. The auto pay is easily evoked or removed at the flip of a switch as indicated in the link provided.

Thanks for sharing your statements, I feel so much closer now.

Forgot: the irritating part is the fact that I paid Qobuz Sublime year payment and did not sign up for monthly auto-pay (why would I if I paid a year in advance) and yet here we are same game Tidal played. Now I have to recoup my $50 they stole. If I was truly smart I would have checked the PayPal autopay a lot more frequent than a few months. I guess that is more self irritation.

Ok, got ya…

1 Like

Qobuzz says they never charged me for JUN & JUL after I showed them direct objective evidence I was charged by them. So, I canceled the JUN & JUL Qobuz payments and used their email they sent me as objective evidence to PayPal. Worse case I loose $50… best case PayPal restores balance. Either way, I will be dumping Qobuz next year after the year subscription. Not doing business with companies that steal. Need to beware of auto-payments on PayPal and CC. This is an easy way for service companies to steal money and then refuse to reimburse when you catch them stealing money.

|### support@qobuz.com via poovo62aevdz.58-jmcxeak.eu16.bnc.salesforce.com|12:08 PM (6 hours ago)||

Hi,
This is what I have just learned from our billing department about your case. It seems, according to our records the two monthly paypal payments you are mentioning were not completed/ The only thing actually charged to his account was one payment of $299.99.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sébastien from Qobuz!

Looks like it was completed to me…

When you click on the “split this” what does the drop down say. Also other than what the Qobuz receipts screen says did the extra two $24.99 payments actually get withdrawn from your bank account or is just a count down documentation of the division of the $299 that was withdrawn from the bank?

@dawkinsj - good points, will follow up. I refuted the charges. This has a few levels of real concern.

1. Why would you have a count-down automatic payment billed to my account if you received a year Sublime payment already?
  2. How would they not know any of this occurred if your company did this; I sure did not start this transaction.

So, weather it was taken from my CC that backs up the PayPal or not… this is bad…

Understand my concern… a few levels of concern… $50 is not going to break me… however, what else are they willing to do… that concerns me… there is an explanation if I keep digging so thanks for the push…

I have purchased the $299 Sublime and it is a one-time payment. It is not broken down into payments. They take their pound of flesh upfront, no doubt.

1 Like

@JeffofArabica - another level is fraud by hacking and that is a bigger concern… there is nothing that says monthly countdown… and the $24.99 did come out of my CC account… they double dipped for sure according to my bank records… I just wanted to see if they would admit they did and return the money and they said they did not… so I refused payment and they get an email with their email saying they did not do this. So PayPal refunds the money in a few days. I canceled the auto payment… they lose a customer for life and possible customers I will tell…

The lesson for the forum - reason I got into this is not that Qobuz has bad SQ or libraries… got to keep an eye on any automatic payments in PayPal and CC. that is easy money…

The purpose of the monthly countdown other than to show you a free month at the end I don’t know. You should get an e-mail from Paypal on the date of the actual transaction if money was in fact removed from your bank account and it will show up there. You can also tell Paypal to send you a message through Facebook as a double notification. I have had two separate accounts with Qobuz going back almost three years. One from the U.K. and one from the U.S. since the first of the year. Each was with the same PayPal account but with a different e-mail. The U.K. was cancelled in June. During that time I have never had a billing issue with them but I didn’t do Sublime as I don’t download. They notify me in both methods any time that take money as does Tidal and Spotify when I had them. If they didn’t actually take any money other than the $299 from you bank then what you have is just an unusual notification process.

1 Like

@dawkinsj - they took $299 up front in my CC billing and they admitted to it in the email and the screen shot shows the account history. 24.99 JUN & JUL. This is sad… I just wanted them to correct it… thanks for your help. I learned a few things here about billing in PayPal. Was not a big PayPal user till I started w/ stereo last May and I appreciate your help.

@JeffofArabica - thanks, you have spent years w/ PayPal, I am a novice… seems pretty easy until you dig a little deeper and that isn’t really difficult it’s just you don’t really pay attention to things till you have an issue and then you scrutinize…

@JeffofArabica - speaking of PayPal, just received my money for the 2nd set of Nordost V2 IC… So, all my Nordost cables have found great homes. Tyr2 in CA, V2 IC in GA, V2 IC in FL I saved one V2 box for some special stuff… that box was too cool to not keep it… :sunglasses: I love their boxes, like getting jewelry and ya feel like a princess…

1 Like

Paypal is actually a pretty solid payment company. If you have an issue, it is customer first. They do a pretty objective and thorough job of resolving disputes. If you have longevity with Paypal, you will get taken care of. I have been burned on a couple transactions and Paypal absorbed the cost. Credit cards offer great protection as well but the difference is, credit cards are black and white. Either you meet the burden of proof or you don’t. With Paypal, I do believe they assess you as a customer, run some heuristics and determine if it is beneficial to absorb the liability even if you haven’t quite satisfied the elements of proof.

1 Like

I agree with Jeff, if they did in fact debit your bank account in error for $24.99 for June and July then PayPal will make it right.

@JeffofArabica & @dawkinsj - thanks guys, not looking to damage Qobuz, just more about explaining you have to keep your eyes open. After a year with PayPal I’m happy with the way they do business. this is just sad cause I just got help with understanding how Qobuz download categorize “smooth jazz” using the search and was liking that after it was explained to me and was getting a good vibe about Qobuz…

Pfff… Now we have that out of the way, let’s hit the pool… Margarita’s por todo por favor… :rofl:

2 Likes

In the Audiophile category may I offer you number 12 of my Qobuz playlists. It is not completely filled up to 100 tracks yet but I couldn’t wait sharing it with y’all…

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2284157

I also like to reiterate my Popular playlist number 20 since that could easily be overseen in the somewhat unrest above…

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2336732

By the way: Thank you all so much for the “Hot Link” award which I needed badly to increase my self esteem just a little bit. Being 60 takes some getting used to… :rofl:

I know what I’ll be listening to this weekends! :grinning:

Thanks a bunch, monsieur!

1 Like