Frustrated by terrible PS Audio quality control!

The PSA customer service is great, but the quality control needs some work. But you make a very valid point with the courier services. They don’t care how they treat your stuff. I had a $2K Yamaha AVR get dropped by United Parcel Smashers years back. Their response, file a claim. No concern they damaged it. When I ship things, I take pre-shipment photos of the packing and box. I utilize factory packaging whenever possible. The couriers will try to weasel out of paying for their causing damage. Claiming the item was Improperly packed, etc. UPS, fedex, amazon, USPS - they all break tons of stuff.

1 Like

I had a QC issue with the USB devices on both my two NuWave DSD DACs being defective. They swapped the L & R channels. I was concerned because they sent no notice to customers about the issue. I had used JRiver Media parametric EQ to swap the channels but that stopped working with some 2X DSD files. PS Audio took care of the defect no problem. I shipped insured and was out the shipping costs, not exactly cheap. The ship job back did not carefully pack one of the DACs so it got slightly scratched on transport. But the units are performing quite well. I am very happy with them now that they are working properly. I still feel strongly PS Audio puts out fine products at various price points. Who knows? A DirectStream DSD DAC might not be out of my future.

Same here. I also make sure to include in the photo a picture of the front page of the news.
UPS tried to weasel out of paying a claim on an amp that was completely destroyed by them, but changed their tune after I emailed the photos of the amp turned on and in perfect condition the day I shipped it.

3 Likes

Frigging nice!!! :slight_smile:

That might be a good idea for PSA as well, take a quick snapshot of packaging to show shipper neglect. If possible.

The best part about the whole ordeal was, I was reimbursed full retail for the amp that looked completely destroyed. I was shipping the amp to a buyer when it was damaged. I returned the buyers funds, and UPS returned the damaged amp to me. I thought for sure it was totaled, but after contacting the manufacturer, they told to send it in and they would try to repair it, which they did, and for free. So in the end I received full retail for the used amp I was selling, and it was repaired for free and sold again.

4 Likes

WINNING!! Lol.

A post was split to a new topic: PRoblem with Stellar Power Plant 3

I simply have UPS or FedEX pack and box it. Then the onus is on them. And if you are an AARP member, UPS has a discount.

That is a simply awesome idea. Then they are responsible directly for damage. I have tried more than once to get them to pay for damage and they always use the “improperly packaged” excuse.

1 Like

I’m a fan of PS products and loving the sound your device gave us.

I’m a user of Nuwave DSD DAC, Stellar PowerPlant 3 and 1st generation Sprout, all in good condition, but I think Sprout 100 really not good quality control. Initially I found analog input noisy and weak sound, can not work properly, since I don’t use this port, I have no complaints. About 1 month ago, when I try to power on my Sprout 100 about one month ago, it has click noise and can not power on.

What really disappointed me was not the quality itself, but the after-sales.

When I asked if I could have it repaired in China, the answer was no. This device is assembled in China, I don’t know why. If I send him back to the United States for repairs, it will take a lot of time and money. The bigger problem is that since Sprout doesn’t have for Chinese 3C certification, I have to go to Hong Kong or wait until I go to the U.S. to get my product, which will make me unexpected no music in my dining room.

If I have it locally repaired by others, it will cause me to lose warranty.

I never thought that PS’s problematic product would put me in such a dilemma!

I think I might have it repaired locally finally, but I would also like the opportunity to send it back to the U.S. for a thorough inspection. I just hope that PS does not refuse to repair this device in the future.

You must insure the item or Fedex will refuse the claim or at best refund your shipping charge.
I learned the hard way.

1 Like

The only business that you have to pay extra because they don’t do their job properly. Do you still need the insurance if you have them do the packaging? Shouldn’t have to.

1 Like

Yes. Insure no matter who packs it, especially them.