I don't do Instagram - Why Bother Then?

AXPONA is doing a Virtual Trade show on Instagram. I don’t do Instagram. Was Zoom too expensive ?

:rofl:

https://mailchi.mp/jdevents/worldwideaudiofest

1 Like

Me neither.

1 Like

I do look at instagram, it’s one way I keep in touch with friends far and wide, and I have another acount to put pics up of my diy HiFi adventures.
It wouldn’t be suitable for online conferences I wouldn’t have thought, but I guess lots of pics fit well, it doesn’t easily lend itself to saving images from it (though of course screenshots are still possible).
Like all social media it is mostly garbage and self promotion…

1 Like

I love the idea of doing the event virtually. Doesn’t really matter to me if it is via Instagram or Zoom. As long as I can sit at my desk and “attend” I’m happy.

2 Likes

My Son is on Instagram and I don’t wanna see his Crap on my feed…LOL ! We’ve had a longstanding agreement.

3 Likes

Probably for the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t stand social media in general. After Zuck’s confession selling user data that was it for me and FB. Since then I’ve sworn off all social media and am actually enjoying the time I’ve gotten back by not wasting my life on any of it.
Everyone should see the documentary ‘Terms and Conditions May Apply’. It’s shocking.
In short, no Instagram for me. When AXPONA is live again I’ll be there.

3 Likes

Not at all encouraging you to leave, but you do realize this forum is social media, yes? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes. But it is not the equivalent of FB, or Twitter or Instagram or any of the sites that have been guilty of compromising user data or labeling posts with disclaimers blah, blah, blah. Sure the community has it’s rules, but to the best of my knowledge it hasn’t been exploited to sway elections. The sties I’m talking about are the same sites Terms and Conditions May Apply exposes.

2 Likes

Sorry, my comment was intended as a gentle tease. I apparently did not make this sufficiently obvious.

4 Likes

Peace Elk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome Elk.

:joy:

We are friendly Social Media.

My previous CEO years ago (like 20 years ago) made a statement during an internal meeting. He said if companies are not on the internet they will not be in business another 5 years.

Fast forward 20 years, if companies are not on social media/internet they will not be in business. Everyone is on social media. Back then it was just having a Webpage. Today it is everything from e-commerce, forums, Webpages, etc.

1 Like

You ain’t whistling Dixie there Michael. Your comment is the God’s honest truth nowadays’s. It can become quite the cesspool though.

1 Like