I like WINE too:

Ok— We just drank a Tenuta Sette Ponti, Super Tuscan, 2016 with a great Bolognese.
The wine that I want the whole bottle to myself. yum

4 Likes

Bread & Butter, Cabernet Sauvignon from Nappa, 2018. Full bodied and fruity.

1 Like

Bear Flag. California Cab.

Can’t go wrong with Meomi Pinto Noir. Nice silky mouth feel and easy to drink (too much)

1 Like

And I much prefer a cap to a cork for a table wine. There— I said it.

For the Canadians in the audience, the label may strike fear of being pulled over on the 401. But no - it stands for “Other People’s Pinot”. They gather and blend.:+1:t3:

2 Likes

Philistine! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My wife and I overheard a somm at a winery. He was telling a customer, “If you don’t know where to start with a wine, this is a good choice.”

My wife muttered, “Knowing where to start is easy. It’s knowing when to stop…, that’s a bit*ch,”

5 Likes

Hah!
I just muttered to a friend: “I should vacuum this floor”…

1 Like

I actually have a cooking apron: “Wine is for sharing. Bring an extra bottle.”

2 Likes

You know what’s hard when you really come down to it?

Uhhhh–What?

The floor.

2 Likes

buhdum. we’re here every tuesday folks. Don’t forget to tip your waitress.

C’mon… I got ya. Own it.

:wine_glass:

1 Like

And may I suggest for the vegetarians in the crowd like @Paul, a Vie Di Romans Savignon Blanc 2016
from Friuli, It.
Buy two bottles because you won’t want to share.

1 Like

Snake River Valley AVA (ID). One of the best-kept secrets in the world of wines. Did a drive-by and stopped at Sawtooth and Ste. Chapelle wineries outside of Boise (when one could travel) and were mightily impressed. Meredith Smith is one hell of a wine-maker.

2 Likes

“Buy two bottles…” because that’s the bare minimum.

Okay… I like wine, too.

1 Like

Pre Covid, we’d stop by there 2-3 times a year. Yeah, our wines are a well kept secret—try some Hat Ranch or Cinder wines too.

Damn, all this talk of wine is making me thirsty—I’m off to a blind tasting at our local wine shop—my wife and I taste in person with the owners; the riff-raff are on Zoom.

Cheers.

Someone once told me you had to choose between audio and cameras. Failed on that one. Another either/or is art or wine. He’s a guy who failed at that. A fabulous little hotel with a remarkable art collection and cellar. We had a lot of fun and the wife got very drunk - twice.

There’s a bottle on page 346 that someone dropped. They managed to save it and flew it by emergency helicopter from Spain to France to be rebottled. Hence the broken glass in the new bottle, second bottle down. The remnants of the original bottle is at the top. Yours for the price of a pair of Wilson speakers (big ones).

The food is pretty good as well.

2 Likes