I like WINE too:

For an alleged Man of the People, you sure are…not, Steve-o🤷🏻‍♂️

Certainly enjoying my final bottle of Weintert & Moleskine 2010 Magnum Malbec.

This is one elite boutique winery by a Brazilian gentlemen who moved to Cuyo, Argentina. Their 1977 Weinert Estrella is the single best malbec I have ever tasted. Time to look for more 2010 Magnums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woodbridge cab and Chardonnay, and the Mondavi reserve cab and merlot are very nice California wines.
Or d’Origine from de Gard area in France is a great chardonnay as well.

1 Like

This just came in to our Liquor Control Board. I’ve set aside a case of 2018’s for a little rest.

2 Likes

I think that means someone has had too much wine to drink . . . :wine_glass: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not yet but soon. My daughter and I are cooking for the game. Fresh marinated wings, jalapeño poppers, Buffalo Sauce Cauliflower maybe some celery and carrots. Oh and a few bottles of Barolo

2 Likes

A FEW bottles? I like the way you think.

3 Likes

Having some OPP.

In this case it is “Other People’s Pinot” - they blend stuff fairly successfully.

Yeah - familiar with the second “P” being about male or female “junk” (from '90’s rap), but this was funny for me as it reminded me of being pulled over for speeding on the 401:

1 Like

If you drive south from Salamanca in Spain, Caceres is the next town of any consequence and is over 2 hours away, and it’s a further 90 minutes to Merida. So Caceres is the place to stay. There are only two hotels in the old town, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Atrio and the Parador, which are next door to each other. So it may be run by perhaps the best known chef in Spain and have a cellar often voted the best in Europe, and an art collection to match, but you really are forced to stay and eat there. There’s no other realistic option. You don’t have to drink the place dry, they have a selection where you have a glass of 4, 5 or 6 different wines, which is OK because dinner is about 15 courses.

1 Like

If your intention by that post was to underline that you are not a man of the people, you have succeeded.:metal:t3:

1 Like

No, just to have a bit of fun as we watch a pottery show.

But it is entirely truthful and we did book the hotel without knowing about the restaurant. We only booked for dinner the day we arrived, and the hotel rooms were surprisingly cheap.

I established my man of the people credentials earlier in that trip by 3 lovely days in the Rioja valley at a very well-known winery with fabulous wine, but food not quite as good, even though it had a couple of Michelin stars. People just stay at that hotel because it’s there.

You appreciate that you’re digging yourself in deeper, yeah? Or if your intention is to distance yourself further from those of us in the lower echelons, you have again succeeded.

“Oh, gosh - we just happened to stumble into this Completely FABULOUS place…”

Exactly correct. My wife likes a pool if at all possible. Of the two hotels in Caceres, Atrio has a pool, the Parador does not. That’s why I booked Atrio. The pool was on the roof and much appreciated as it was over 40 degrees. The food and wine was an unexpected bonus, although Caceres is known for good food generally.

I give.

1 Like

He is happily playing you, Mr. Beef.

Quite possibly, but for wine folk the Rioja valley and the northern coastal plain is a fantastic area for wine and food, you don’t have to travel far and the weather is often cool even in the summer.

“He is happily playing you, Mr. Beef.”

Steven, Lord Mayor of London-Town, or RonP?

It is important which side you come down on.

Steven, a/k/a Little Lord Fauntleroy, is playing you.

2 Likes

K Vintners The Hidden. A big Washington State Syrah.

3 Likes