I2S connection to ps audio directstream dsd dac?

Hi Guys

I have full stack of ps audio products

Currently

Auralic Aries > (EBU) PS Directstream DAC -> (balanced XLR) PS BHK preamp -> PS BHK 250 amp

I want to join ps Directstream player through I2S connection but confused with ports

So player has three I2S connectors while rear panel of dsd dac is only 2 - i2s1 and i2s2

Q1: How do I connect properly?

Q2: How to connect to play multichannel audio discs ( i.e 5.1 chill out discs?)

To hook up the DMP for stereo connect the HDMI cable from the left side (of three) I2S port on the DMP (marked “Front (Stereo)”) to either of the two I2S ports on the DS. To play a 5.1 multi-channel disc, you will need two more DS (or DS Jr (or Stellar DAC?)) and you hook one to the I2S port marked “Rear” and the other one to the I2S port marked “Center/Sub”.

Connect the DMP HDMI out to either of the HDMI inputs for stereo playback.

For multichannel playback you will need two more DS DACs, and that is what the other two HDMI outputs on the DMP are for. . . .

pmotz said

To play a 5.1 multi-channel disc, you will need two more DS (or DS Jr (or Stellar DAC?))

Tho any mix of DSs and DS Jrs should work fine (or a pure Stellar setup), the delay between the DSs and the Stellar DACs would mean that you’d need something in your system to take care of the non-trivial differences in delays. I’ll keep the delays in the DS and Jr the same with a given release of the software.