Multichannel output from DMP-to-double-DSJ DACs?

PLEASE pardon my ignorance here–I’m not stupid, just inexperienced with digital systems.

Several audiofool buddies have told me that I really need to improve the quality of my SACD-playing system to match the very hi-quality backend of my system(s).

Do I understand this correctly? To get 4-channel*, super-hi-quality analog signals from my MC SACDs, ‘all’ I need is a Memory Player, two HDMI cables, two DSJr. DACs, and four analog output cables?

How does each DAC know which channels to decode and output?

• With the addition of Quad '2905s to my system, the soundstage’s center focus from my left/right speakers is so excellent that it sounds better without a CC speaker, so I’ve turned off the CC in my DP and processor. And I already don’t use a ‘.1’ SW; my two Rythmik SWs are driven in stereo by the front-left and front-right channels… So…I need just four channels.

Hi Jeffery

yes the DMP will output up to 6ch output of SACD via i2s - the outputs are fed in to PS Audio DACs. The DMP-DSsnr (and I assume the DSj ) handle the protocols of channel distribution. I know that a couple of ppl have multiple channel setups, certainly TED does and has previously commented on the set-up.

Regards. Frank

from the product details on the web;

There are three ways to get digital audio data out of the DMP: S/PDIF, AES/EBU or I2S HDMI. I2S is the preferred method if you have a PS Audio DAC or any manufacturer’s DAC that can receive it. Three such I²S interface are provided, allowing for 6-channel high resolution audio to be streamed from DMP.

frank7036 said

Hi Jeffrey

From the product details on the web;

There are three ways to get digital audio data out of the DMP: S/PDIF, AES/EBU or I2S HDMI. I2S is the preferred method if you have a PS Audio DAC or any manufacturer’s DAC that can receive it. Three such I²S interface are provided, allowing for 6-channel high resolution audio to be streamed from DMP.

TY, Frank. Yes, I had read that, but I wanted to be sure.

Now…where oh where will I get MANY thou$and$? cry frown

I feel your pain but at least your many K$ are a lot less than my many K$.

Plenty of cheaper options out there, disc spinners with good analog 7.1 outputs.

“scotte_15m:
Plenty of cheaper options out there, disc spinners with good analog 7.1 outputs.”

Indeed… I’ve used several Oppo players–'83, '83SE, '95, '105, '105D, '205, and now a '203–over the years… I replaced the '205 with the '203 because I felt the digital (HDMI) output and conversion within the Marantz '7704 pre/pro sounded plenty good enough, so I didn’t need to keep the '205’s price invested where I didn’t use it… But adding the Quad 2905s improved the resolution of the system so much*, I’m looking for the next improvement–and I’ve improved ALL the rest of the system the last couple years… I just need to keep selling surplus stuff… :relaxed:

• and if I can hear it quickly, I should use ‘bigger’ words than ‘so much’… I believe audiofiles who are not careful in their thought processes and writing would use terms like ‘night and day’, ‘huge’, ‘blew them away’, and my antifavorite, ‘totally different’… I believe that superlatives like those have no place in hi-end audio, where the small sonic differences we can hear and discuss simply CAN NOT BE HEARD by most other audiofiles. End of rant.

MC playback options abound as Brod says but it depends on whether you want to stay inside the PS Audio “ecosystem” or not. I thought you indicated that you wanted to stay with PS Audio.

“frank703634m
MC playback options abound as Brod says but it depends on whether you want to stay inside the PS Audio “ecosystem” or not. I thought you indicated that you wanted to stay with PS Audio.”

I do; who said I didn’t?