I2S Mod Install BDP-103D

Ok, I bought another Oppo BDP-103D (in case something goes horrible wrong) and a OPPOMOD I2S card and I’m ready to give the DSD stream via I2S (Oppo BDP-103D to GainCell DAC) solution a go. All of the instructions and photos I can find of the install look to be a 203 or 205, nothing showing a 103 which has a different chassis. For anyone that has installed one of these boards into a 103, any advice or photos?

1 Like

I have done it with my 103. Just make sure that the flat cables provided with the I2S card can reach the access point in the 103 before you cut the hole, and you will be fine.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for your reply @PerL . Couple of questions for you or anyone that may know -
There are a couple of holes pre-drilled on either side of the center cover screw hole on the back of the unit. Would it be safe to use one of these pre-drilled holes as one of the I2S board mounts? I would then only have to drill one more mounting hole and cut the notch for the HDMI interface. That should locate the I2S board right above the existing connector. Issue is that it might place the I2S board to high - too close to the cover, although I don’t think it would be touching. See photos for the area I’m talking about.

1 Like

This is where I put my card. Maybe I got longer cables…?

Mine looks just like this too

Hi, I does the oppo mod I2S board need a power connector? Also could you please let me know the jumper settings for 103.
I bought the I2S board but can’t seem to get it working.

Mine is a pass through board from Oppomod.com I did have a bad connector on first board so I had to get a new one.

Thanks, mine is the same from oppomod.com.
I will try sending them an message as well.

It was the I2S connector that was bad with my original.

Did any of you experienced DSD audio output coming out on a single channel only? That’s what is happening with my installation. Weird thing is that when i force Oppo SACD Mode to PCM, output is ok on both channels.

I also set up the board dip switch config to “PS” assuming OPPOMOD follows Ps Audio i2s standard with “SDOUT -” on pin #1.

My case is different because i’m using another DAC but i was able to listen to DSD256 files over USB through Audirvana, so safe to say it’s not a DSD decoding issue.

Hi PerL, I am considering the I2S board as well for my 103D. However, I dont have a way to cut the rear panel. Can I ask how you managed it?

1 Like

Good choice!

I used a Dremel.

/Per

Den 29 aug. 2023 kl 09:49, Kit via PS Audio <[notifications@psaudio.discoursemail.com](mailto:Den 29 aug. 2023 kl 09:49, Kit via PS Audio < skrev:

I used an oscillating tool.

Guy

Thanks Per

Thanks Guy