Is power cable re-burn-in a thing?

You have a once well seasoned power cable that hasn’t been used for months or years, does it need to be “reconditioned”?

It would be reasonable to assume yes, and be happy to be wrong.

4 Likes

I’m asking because after leaving a cable powering an amp that idles at 500 watts for a week, said cable sounds very different. Distinctly different. It’s a puzzle.

1 Like

Have you left your Stealth cord in the system long enough to give it a fair evaluation?

Re-burn-in (re-settle is the term I like) is a big deal, especially on power cords in my experience. Most of power cords need at least a day, AQ Dragon needs two days, and Zewave Silver? I found it sounded better even after two weeks. In fact, most of the old cords sounded better one week after, so may be they all need more than a week :thinking:

I removed my for-sale ad for the Stealth today. It’s the cable that I was referring to above. It took two weeks but the transformation is impressive.
Following this curious outcome, I went to the Stealth website and found his burn-in discussion where he states the need to re-condition after dormant periods. Fun.

3 Likes

Darn! I was hoping to cut an even better deal from you😆 Enjoy!

1 Like

Yep. I waited too long, too. :roll_eyes: Ron, I’d love to get your impressions as to how it compares to FrontRow.

I still prefer the Front Row, although the two are very close in sound.
That said, I’m selling one Front Row and keeping the Stealth purely because the Stealth is twice as long and I need that length.

2 Likes

If you would have asked if a Stealth cable requires reconditioning I would have replied YES.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s related to the Stealth power cord or the amplifier itself but every evening I like what I hear more not before waiting for at least 1 hour of playback.
And my whole system is always ON, all day long (not in standby mode, just ON and MUTE).

Before using the Stealth 20-… to power the amplifier, I had never noticed this fact.

1 Like

I sometimes get overwhelmed three hours in. My system likes to be warm.

2 Likes

My amplifiers are very different after an hour of warm-up.

3 Likes

Somehow this thread is reminding me of my back.

3 Likes

Your back what?

My old, stiff, grumpy back takes some warm-up before my delightful personality kicks in. :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow, I have never seen that!

Do you know my ex-wife?

3 Likes

Not yet.

5 Likes