Burning In New Power Regenerators

Hi everyone, I bought a Stellar P3 couple weeks ago and it seems to be taking a very long time to burn in. So, I want to ask what people’s experiences have been with burn in on their regenerator.

How long did it take for your regenerator to completely burn in?

During burn in, what did you notice, what did you hear? Was the progress linear?

1 Like

I bought P15 last week of October 2020. Improvements started on day 1, and things got a bit better over the next 30 days:

1. Bass weight and definition got better.
  2. Sound quality no longer changes depending on time of the day or night. It became consistent.
  3. Sound stage improved in terms of instrument timbre, clarity, and delineation as well as sound stage breadth and depth.
  4. Vocals became remarkably clearer and more natural.
  5. Background noise / distortion was attenuated in favor of music.
    Burn in only increased the above over time. Try plugging your gear without the P3 for an hour and compare.
4 Likes

Congrats on your new P3…

Burn in sadly can take a few hundred hours. Sometimes more sometimes less.
I have some equipment that took 1000 hours to burn in…hard to imagine but true;
the results were well worth the angst…

Hang in there friend …you will be glad you did !!

1 Like

Thanks! Did you find the change during burn in to be linear, did it consistently get better with more time?

1 Like

Linear yes with the regenerators I have had…
Non linear with the Synergistic fuses.
Very non linear with my Oppo 205 and 105 players.
These went back and forth between wow and ugh
for a good long time maybe 500 hours.
My older AH! 4000 Njoe Tjube cdp with upsampler
took 1000 hours between okay to ugh to okay to ugh
then some better to ugh then okay now then back to ugh…
then one day the ah ha that’s it moment arrived to stay.

So be encouraged your P3 will very soon come into it’s
glory for you!!

1 Like

One thing that I forgot to mention in our conversation elsewhere George is that I found that I ended up with different speaker positioning by a bit during and after breakin. If you feel adventurous and can experiment with that a bit.

Thanks Lonson. Let me guess, you ended up pulling the speakers further off the wall behind them?

1 Like

George over the years I have pulled my speakers away from the wall
by steps and each pull away from wall improved on everything overall.

Doing so will really let you hear deeper along with the width and height
of the soundstage…

Hope this helps you some!!

1 Like

Thanks, dadida! I would have mine at least foot more off the wall if I lived alone, but . . . . then I’d be living alone. :pensive:

I asked Lonson because I was guessing that the increased dynamics would mean the speakers would need more space to breathe.

1 Like

Indeed there is a wife acceptance factor that needs to be brought into the equation.

Increasing space behind the speakers will improve dynmamics and everything else
regarding things you like about sound quality.

1 Like

Yes, just a few inches and just a few inches closer to side walls. Rooms and speakers are different–my room is long and. narrow and my speakers have both diectional and omni-directional drivers. And yes, wives. . . because I have one my main system is exiled to a loft-like upstairs area that is far from “ideal.” I have another system in the wonderful room that is the living-room/dining-room area that benefits from the better sounding room, but that system’s preamp and amplification components (Decware ZBIT, ZROCK2, CSP2+ with Anniversary Mods and Taboo Mk IV with Anniversary Mods) I am able to hide behind the cadenza my wife insists on using, out of sight and her mind.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, not uncommon to prefer burn in sound and not so much after burn in. Not much that can be done after that :slight_smile: