Issues with Revelation Audio Labs

There’ve been so many red flags waved about this guy and there are, what, a million mfrs making the same cables?! He doesn’t seem to have any groundbreaking technology to sell.

Unfortunately the audiophile community is fairly trusting and optimistic. This jacka*s takes advantage of that.

1 Like

PayPal is on it. I’ve escalated my issue to a dispute. If they don’t get a satisfactory answer from him by Feb. 8th, it will be resolved, and I believe he will be sanctioned. He has only three days left to resolve the issue.
I’m betting that he will no more responsive to PP than he has been to anyone else.

I just went through a Paypal dispute. The seller didn’t ship, Paypal found in their favor. How? Why? What?
Sigh.

What’s with this guy. How can he just take your money and promise to ship every time you bug him and don’t answer your e-mails and keep putting you off for months. I also put in a dispute with my credit card and am still waiting. This has been going on since Nov. of last year. I have since got a WW Platinum S7 and couldn’t be happier with the cable which I believe blows away the Revelation anyway. Took just 2 days to get the WW, much quicker, no?

How can Paypal find in in their favor when you didn’t receive what you order? Doesn’t make sense. Doesn’t Paypal guarantee you get what you paid for, or is that Ebay?

2 Likes

It’s PayPal, and it wasn’t true in my case. It’s the first time I used the dispute process, so I am 0 for 1. Bah.
It was for $50 so I will survive…

But when putting it into Audiphile perspective, $50 would get you a pair of Isoacoustic pucks, that would upset me a great deal.

1 Like

What if it’s not $50. What if it’s over $500. Doesn’t it make you want to find this son of a bit** and wrench your cable away from him and beat him over the head with it? He’s not doing this to one person, it seems he’s doing it to everybody that deals with him. This guy should be behind bars so he will not hurt anybody else.

1 Like

“He” is safely in China.
Karma is my staff assassin.

4 Likes

That’s odd. I used PayPal dispute once or twice in the past and they ruled in my favor. But that was a while ago. Maybe their policies have changed - not that it makes it right.

You can always reopen a case if you have further details or pursue action with the credit card company if that was the method of payment.
I’ve always found PP to usually side with the buyer even when common sense says the seller was right.

1 Like

The HDMI cable I ordered in Nov. 16 2019 came today. Nearly 3 months. Brad did not inform me he was shipping it, it just came out of the blue. I just compared it to the WW Platinum S7 and while the WW sounds a tad smoother, the Revelation seems slightly clearer. I bought the WW because I was tire of waiting for Brad. Can’t decide which cable I like more yet. I have to listen to it more with more break-in. It does not sound too bad out of the box. It is very stiff though. Very hard to bend. Once you bend it, it stays bent. Maybe you will be getting your cable soon.

I just received mine too. He shipped it one day before he would have been dinged by Paypal, six weeks after originally promised. I haven’t plugged it in yet, because I also got tired of waiting and bought a WW P7.

All,

I realise this is a strange place to post this, but if anyone is interested, I have Revelation Audio USB cable (dual conduit Prophesy Cryosilver Reference) for sale. Great cable, Stereophile Recommended Component for 2017, 2018 and 2019. Used but in excellent condition.

I’m in the UK and am looking for £250 but open to offers.

Regards, Mike.

3 Likes

Presumably you will wait 3 months before shipping so that even second hand the buyer will get the “full experience”? :wink:

10 Likes

Haha, very good…!

I will jump on the bandwagon and offer to sell my Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy CryoSilver™ Reference DualConduit™ USB 2.0 Digital Link cable (1.25 meters) to a buyer in the USA Lower 48 for $250 delivered. This cable retails for $649 USD and is a true giant killer.

Only reason for selling is that I switched USB-connected sources recently and my new source (Auralic Aries G2) has a single USB output connection. As the RAL USB is a dual-conduit cable, I cannot use it coming out of the Auralic. If interested, please PM me for pictures, etc. Thanks.

[Update as of Feb. 21st: The cable is SOLD. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in it.]

1 Like

Brad almost got dinged by my credit card company also. But hey, this Revelation HDMI cable is actually much better than the WW Platinum S7 I recently got. I did a shootout with the two and it really is not much of a contest. I can hear it right away. In my system, the WW in comparison sounds, I use the words smoother before but it actually sounds more murky or more like a slight fog in front of it, but only in direct comparison. The WW is not a murky cable at all, not by any means, but everything seem to come out better, the picture, the transients, the presence with the Revelation and it’s not even broken in yet. I’m afraid I have to say I much prefer listening to the Revelation cable. If only it wasn’t such a pain in the neck to get.

3 Likes

Uh oh! Curious to see how this plays out with the WW camp.

1 Like