JUST a Transport with no other electronics inside

Besides Canary Audio and Jay’s Audio, can anyone think of a CD Transport (with an HDM i2S output) that does not have any streaming electronics inside ?

Project and Nuprime

PS Audio PST and DMP

1 Like

Project only works with their matching Dac using HDMI i2S connection.
I will check out Nuprime
Thanks

Nuprime does work with DS, W4S and Holo at the least.

Holo May KTE is also in my sights and the reason I specified a transport having a HDMI i2S connector.
Thanks

1 Like

PST has ethernet and streaming electronics inside.
Trying to stay as pure as can be being I don’t stream
Thanks,

I’m using the CDT-8 with the May KTE now and before with the DS. There is also a higher model that is using a similar mechanism from Stream Unlimited as that in the Project.

2 Likes

No streaming electronics inside the PST. Ethernet is for support updates and doesn’t need to be connected.There is a USB for Thumb drives with digital files.

3 Likes

A higher Nuprime model then your CDT-8 ?

Thanks

Yes there is a CDT-10 that came out about a year later. I’m happy with the one I have and don’t use it enough to justify upgrading or buying a Jay’s.

Thanks again.

A little late to the party, but for what it’s worth, I have the NuPrime CDT-8 Pro, and use it successfully with I2S output to my SGCD, and it all works fine, set up to convert the signal to DSD128 (the Stellar’s max input). I’m extremely happy with the sound, though I’m not sure it’s any better than I get playing redbook CDs with my Marantz SACD 30n. Since getting the 30n, the NuPrime seems a little superfluous.

I own a PST and it does not have any streaming. The ethernet and wifi are used for firmware updates only.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Audiolab 6000CDT and Cambridge Audio CXC VII

Thanks

I think I read that somewhere lol :thinking:

Not sure either one has an i2s output. I’ve had both and neither did. They both have a coax/RCA and an optical output.