Just Got a P3

Hooked it up and it has about 4+ hours of listening. It’s currently on 24/7 since about 9/3. My impressions are that the sound is more dynamic but also more bright, harsh. Not sure if that goes away with break-in but I hope so. It’s more full and has more punch than before.

I also have my video equipment plugged into it (hdtv and cable box). Not sure if that could affect sound or not. Reading the threads it seems like it can take a few hundred hrs of break-in. Would that include while it’s on or just when listening?

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the P3 club and the forum.

1 Like

Give it time. Needs hundreds of hours to fully open up but the harshness will pass after a few days.

2 Likes

My first couple weeks were painful as the SQ was pretty awful. However, it comes around after that. Keep it on with something running through it 24/7 and you will be very pleased after about 2 weeks.

2 Likes

It will take a couple of weeks to settle in but the highs should get more relaxed over time. Don’t worry about the video gear being plugged in, that won’t impact anything.

Thanks everyone. I will certainly follow your suggestions. :+1:

Hi, team. I’d thought I’d give an update. After approx. 400 hrs the brightness and harshness subsided. However, it did not completely go away. Clicking the MW button helped, but on the P3 there is only on/off. There is no MW level. To my ear it still sounded harsher than without the P3. As a test, I flipped the switch from power regeneration to filtered HC. The only thing plugged into this particular outlet is the preamp (Classé CP-500). The harshness went away, albeit without the punch or slam. But the harshness was gone! I think the P3 is doing something for the better, but everyone’s ears are different and mine prefer it without regeneration at the moment.

Regards and thank you for the great product.

1 Like