Magico Magic (and unrelated matters)

The Naim Statement is nice, but I wouldn’t swap it for my Halcro dm88 mono blocks.

In Fife we pronounce it Pirth!

I have been busy on MY Albums thread to catch up. What is the latest news. When do you take delivery…?

2 Likes

Accepted.
Pirth High Street in the old days.

Shirley’s explaining Fletcher-Munson to Roy, who’s deaf as a post anyway. David’s showing Bill his new amplifier circuit diagram, but Bill doesn’t care a jot.

This of course has nothing to do with Magico speakers, which make a lot of noise, this lot were a damp squib.

3 Likes

First D1X/P1X units shipping 1 March. Apparently Esoteric have a large back-order on these. For me, late March at the earliest.

Good grief, I just snorted my coffee…and they’re in stock, let me think about that (not!).

Probably the best sound I’ve ever heard…track 12 If You wait

I keep hitting the << button on the remote, that doesn’t happen very often

1 Like

Is this you taking delivery of new shiny speakers ?

Fletcher-Munson. :grin: And he was stone deaf… Pirth. There’s a slight roll on r… drag the t to a heavy H and hold for a second.

I won’t mention names or Schools. From age 13 to 17 at boarding school with one well known politician! 13 - and at such a young age, I couldn’t understand the need for regular cold showers, compulsory sports – long distance running from 7 - 8pm, bromide at vespers and soon to be
well known politician in bed, in boxing gloves…

5 Likes

Did you order them before the price rise?

I hope the pallet lifter didn’t make a mess of your floor.

Would you be offended if I gifted you a pair ? Obviously, I wouldn’t insult you with the budget priced cables.

They use that speaker cable in the Radar Audio Showroom 1 in Causeway Bay Hong Kong.

Yes, ordered mid December before the price increase.

Just waiting for help to arrive to assist unpacking and setting up

Piece of cake. They’re only 110 lbs each. Did you order the optional A-pods?

Not yet on the A- pods. Will order shortly after I am satisfied that I made the right choice with the A3s.

Try Hey Now. It’s stunning win a system with bass.

Brilliant - Dirk. “Bromide at vespers”. “Boxing gloves in bed”. You make me laugh. I like your albums, you have a wonderful collection . Keep posting them.

4 Likes

Indeed the bass of this album also was the main reason having it for me…bass is adventurous on this album…a real experience! All the ambience of this album is generated by bass…if one listenes to it on a less good bass performing system or in the car it’s damn boring (to me)

My most recent bass experience was the second track of this album:

This is just hires PCM, not DSD, but what I noticed is that DSD especially excels in deep bass differentiation, low ranging and connected ambience…easy to hear when comparing with lower res PCM.

Wow, if you’re not Dirk‘s mother, you’re a real fanboy…just one own post yet but 129 likes for Dirk :wink: