Magico Magic (and unrelated matters)

I know somebody who once owned a high-end system with a P10, and he changed to Accuphase and sold the P10. He far preferred the Accuphase over the P10. I don’t know how the Accuphase would compare against the newer model power plants like P20.

Thank you for your comments. While I do not know the timing of your purchase I am very anxious to know how the purchase works out for you. Good luck.

iPadから送信🎌

Brodric, I wonder that you still utilize the openness of Paul to post your just partly hidden aversion against PSA products/service in this forum and not somewhere else…

Not that it’s not still interesting for others (as well as your personal setup is) and most will be true for your personal experience and perception, but don’t you have the feeling it’s somehow unfair?

I don’t want to play a moderator here at all and I liked many of your past posts, so just observing…on the other hand…all opinions are welcome here I guess, which is a good thing…just fanboys is boring, too I must admit :wink:

1 Like

What is unfair?

This has nothing to do with Paul or PS Audio why I scratched a P20 off my list of things to buy. Actually, they gave me a pretty good deal on a trade-up to a P20. And whether I choose to buy something or not has no influence on other people in the choices they make. I have no issue with the product at all, except that GlobalNet doesn’t work. I know they are still contemplating which direction to take GlobalNet, whether to continue to provide that service for all owners, or whether they provide an app for owners to run their own GlobalNet service locally, or just drop it completely.

A P10 owner told me he preferred his Accuphase over the P10, that is just a simple statement of fact. He’s kindly offered to bring his Accuphase to my place to try it for myself. I don’t have a P20 to compare it against, but I do have a P3. My P3 is working just fine.

2 Likes

Ah. I begin to see the light.

How does the P3 sound? As someone looking to add a power plant to their system, I would love to know it’s relative performance over something like the Accuphase? Is there a ton of value with the P3? What equipment are you using the P3 for?

Just heard the M6s at the Brussels audio show.
Special …

Ok, maybe my impression of casually pronouncing various negative matters was wrong or not intended by you. Doesn’t need further deepening , no bad mood for the future from my side :wink:

I’m yet to hear the Accuphase. When my new speakers are broken-in the Accuphase owner will bring it here and hook it up. Then I can compare it against P3, but as P3 is now discontinued the more meaningful A/B will be against a P12/15/20 which, unfortunately, won’t be possible.

I have previously owned PPP, P5 and P10, and I settled on P3. But I don’t think PS Audio has a full set of spare parts for them any more (I could be wrong on that). My P3 was repaired recently, they needed the re-generator board sent back for a component change as there was no spare board for a simple straight board swap. You might be better off looking at a current model product.

I’ve got a price on the Accuphase PS-1230, it’s quite a bit more expensive than the P20. None in Australia, special order from Japan.

I’ve been doing some casual experimentation with cock cables. My new Shunyata Sigma Clock 50 has arrived, complete with glass bubble ogazmatron (which is significantly smaller than the glass bubble ogazmatron on the AES-EBU cable). Clock cables make a difference to the sound. Using a cheap digital cable sounds worse than not using a clock i.e. source internal clock sounds better. The two cables hanging off the back of my Esoteric clock now are worth more than the clock itself. That’s totally crazy. I don’t think the cost involved in using an external clock is justified, it’s a big investment for small gains, with the risk you might go backwards (depending on the quality of the cable).

1 Like

I think you have clicked onto the wrong forum… Sounds painful :wink:

10 Likes

oops, freudian slip…but you know what I mean…

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I think my observation about the orgazmatron sent the auto-spell a bit whacky, exceeding it’s authority when it came to substituting clock for the unintended word.

What-ever gets you off — clock cables, obviously…!

1 Like

The length is impressive, the girth is not…at least I have two good clock cables now, just need that new disc spinner to go with it, and then I’m done.

I must admit to being surprised at the sonic differences between different clock cables. Far more apparent than different power cables.

You will never be done. I have said that numerous times and I still spending “big”…

1 Like

Well, I’m not buying M6, that’s for sure. My kids would divorce me.

M6… You only live once. Buy them. Kids can make their own money. :grin:

1 Like

How are the speakers progressing during the burn-in…? Have you resisted from buying more expensive pieces of wire since last weekend. You will soon reach a point where the cabling costs more than the equipment …. :grin:

1 Like