Mconnect-Control & PSAudio Issue/Thoughts

I would double check that you are indeed Control version. If it’s just the MConnect version, it won’t be able to talk to the Bridge. This is the only thing I can think of for why the iPad works, but not the phone.

Thanks. It is Mconnect Control 2.4.15. I will try it again at home tonight.

Great, sounds right to me. And obviously, make sure the phone is connected to the same network as well.

Agree this is the right app for the iPhone.

It works! Previously during setup, I received an error message about the renderer not recognizing something, so I abandoned ship. This time I continued to finish setup, and it worked. Thanks for the support. I love Tidal.

Neal

Heck yeah! Thanks for keeping us posted! I a big fan of Tidal as well. The Library is great and sounds quality is good too.

I have a DSJ using mcconnect 3.3.25 It works fine on my uncompressed wav files on my nas but on Qobuz high Rez and Tidal masters, it plays like 30 seconds of the song and then jumps to the next song. I have tried this on my iPad and cell both with the same results.

I tried BubbleUPnp and I do not have this issue but I do not like the interface. The uncompressed wav files are large and I can stream 4K movies on the same router without any pausing or issues so I don’t think I am having a speed issue. Speed test hit 350 mbps from the internet.

On my other rig using WiFi from that same router, Auralic Aries mini going to a tube dac11 and lighting app, 0 issues. No pausing, no skipping through songs or anything.

Any ideas to troubleshoot this?

When I was using Mconnect back in the day, I too suffered the same issue of random song jumps. And like you, I am not a fan of BubbleUp. Its GUI blows.

It’s unfortunate that Mconnect is such a terribly engineered app. Some people have had better luck with it, but many other share similar frustrations. I never found a satisfactory alternative and have since moved on. I’m now using a dedicated music server/streamer.

1 Like

I was debating on sticking a 2tb Drive in the Auralic Mini to the DSJ but, that defeats the reason for the bridge.

I wish the lighting app or the lumin/linn app would see the dsj also since they both have been rock solid on my lumin d1 I have on my 3rd rig.