My last pair of speakers? Probably!

Truly amazing description…Hope you get a set…forget the
buggy Buggati thing…get the MBLs :grin: :innocent:

Best wishes

1 Like

Touché…

1 Like

Al…just one eeeettle eeeeidy beeeeedy poser …

Did you get Amir’s approval? :grin: :smile: :innocent:

Best wishes

2 Likes

Yeah, but once food, shelter and clothing are provided for, the sky is the limit!

3 Likes

Congratulations, so very happy (and insanely jealous), and so good to hear how they’re sounding.

I had no doubt they were gonna be monumental speakers.

1 Like

New speakers first, then new windows!!! :wink:

1 Like

I hate paying high energy builds almost as much as I hate being cold. I am all about taking care of the house envelope before I do anything else when we purchase a house.

2 Likes

Windows that isolate sound outside from entering inside will increase listening enjoyment.

Speakers are just another pane we look through to see our music.

2 Likes

This was a good listen i heard it awhile ago. . Was Jeremy Bryan there?

1 Like

So… then it’s just like surround sound?? LOL

I can tackle this question. Yes, Jeremy was there fine tuning the Extremes. I don’t know what he listens to at his own home. It has to be boring if it’s not extremes. I’d compare it to a F1 driver getting into a normal street car after racing formula cars one all week.

2 Likes

They have you and Al enchanted.

I don’t know if I would immediately turn on my rig when I returned home. It might be too disappointing. I can imagine needing a day or two to recover.

1 Like

I was able to listen to my system and enjoy it! The extremes are closer to listening to live music then it is listening to a 2 channel setup that it didn’t affect listening to my system and I’m very happy and blessed. Al loaned me his PST and I’m really enjoying it. My SACD’s and my Redbook has never sounded better on my system!

3 Likes

That does make sense. Whew! What a relief. I don’t think I would enjoy a day or two at home without music. What was I thinking?

I guess I ordered my fifth last pair of speakers ever.

9 Likes

It really says a lot about the very high end of the stereo industry when a set of speakers at that level is sold out for 30 months or 30 sets!

What would we do without you, Al? :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Do you plan on powering them with Gryphons or going with all MBL? In the pod cast Jeremy mention customers sometimes mix. Just need really high current amps for the woofers.

1 Like

Never say never. :grin:

2 Likes

It would be less expensive to go with MBL amps but I’m a Gryphon Fanboy. I have one Gryphon Apex amp on order and two years from now I’ll buy a second. This past couple of days I listened via MBL 9011 and 9008 and 9011 amps and they worked great. But the only stay Class A to about 50 watts where the Apex never leaves Class A. It’s my preference…

8 Likes