My last pair of speakers? Probably!

If you show this to a non audiophile, he might think, time travels are invented and avoids getting near the speakers :wink: At least it would be interesting to explain the setup that way and see if someone dares to go further than the listening chairs.

1 Like

I have always wondered about how this speaker design ā€œimagesā€, having never heard them in person.

My instinct is that they would be remarkably spacious/expansive w/r/t their ability to cast a sound stage. Conversely, I also surmise that they may be ā€œdifferentā€ from more standard designs when it comes to capturing a ā€œpoint sourceā€ in a recording (e.g., a voice, stage left and forward; or a bass guitar stage right and back a bit from the front of the stage).

How does such a design perform when it comes to placing distinctly recorded voices and instruments ā€œin spaceā€?

Thanks for sharing the picture. @aangen, looking forward to your listening impressions. Have fun.

2 Likes

Considering where he is, I am guessing they will be eating endless amounts of Sushi.

1 Like

Is that an ASR lab? . . . Just Kidding, itā€™s the wine speaking.

2 Likes

I guess that means swapping a Griffin Apex for MBL? It sure is a gorgeous room.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen and heard the mbl Radialstrahler mbl 101 E MK II in person, and am impressed, to say the least. I have not seen nor heard the mbl Extremes in person. The closest I have been to them is seeing the photo a few posts above, and previously watching a youtube video, lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™d wouldnā€™t blame him. Extreme is an understatement.

1 Like

Al will have to chime in once heā€™s off this audio buzz. I think thereā€™s a really long waiting period for the Extreme.

30 months from the day the order is placed. Thatā€™s what Jeremy from MBL said today.

From having my mind blown my MBL systems twice, I canā€™t imagine how great that must sound.

1 Like

The sound image is vast and changes dramatically with each recording. The speakers do not demonstrate any sign that they exist. When I heard classical for the first time I immediately realized that I have never heard classical correctly before. Every bit of dynamic range is in full blossom no matter what. Itā€™s a front row seat where every instrument has its own place. A jump so vast that its basically an experience unlike anything previous.

It is larger than life and completely intoxicating. I am not even concerned about hearing my favorite recordings. Just keep playing whatever. Imaging is a pitiful term to use to describe what we hear. Each song is a completely involving with detail x 10.

It seems nice.

10 Likes

Which adjective better describes this? niche or boutique!

I would say that those MBLā€™s are the pinnacle of what modern technology applied to speakers can do. I dont have the room and dont want to spend that much money on sound but I am a bit jealous. No, I am a lot jealous.

6 Likes

But do they include Stealth cables or something beyond that? Your description so far sums up what we all pursue. I really should be happy, that I did not spot the pair at LMC home entertainment in Scottsdale until I was out of time, on my trip last July. But your description still beckons me as did your Stealth cable spoiler. I know the WAMM Master Chronsonic experience did not move me like you describe. But the overall experience left me feeling I still could work other parts of my system to take me further and many parts were better in what I had. This ability to tweak even more has proven true with room acoustic panels and better cables. I hung the GIK Gotham Skyline Diffusers last night totally worthwhile for a six month wait.

The omnidirectional experience you have experienced, likely would have seemed a bridge too far, and totally unobtainable. But I still can wonder yet. Thanks!!!

1 Like

He set up two teams in the same hall in Turkey, one at home. front and surround.

1 Like

Is that like saying ā€œitā€™s fast enough,ā€ about a Bugatti?

1 Like

I wont know until my Bugatti test tide tomorrow.

5 Likes

They have a Burmester sound system, so itā€™s probably adequate :thinking:

2 Likes

My wife wants new windows before I can spend money on thatā€¦

2 Likes

I think your wife has her priorities in the proper order. House first, smart!

1 Like